Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool ideas!

Comment

Since the Sage has the stabilizer insert already, I swapped my kill light over from my compound. Tonight was my first chance to try it out. Worked better than I thought as it casts plenty of light to allow me to see the target and my arrow.

I also tried something I had been tossing around... glow in the dark paint. Well I couldn't find one that worked well so I thought about tape. The tape and the concept worked very well. When I could make out the target, the glow was enough to let my brain see my usual picture. No bow light needed. I shot very well like that.

Then I tried both (actually tried the tape first, then the light, then both.) The nice thing about both was at 20 yards I could draw and make out my sight picture, then hit the light to confirm and release very quickly. When I drew without the glow marker, I had a harder time confirming my sight picture and there was more delay between when I hit the light and release.

Last year, that is how I took my hog with the compound. I drew and could see my peep, but not my pins. A quick pulse of the light and my arrow was on its way.

Thanks for all the feedback... at least I have a plan now. Will use both methods, and hitting the light only if necessary.

Comment

Working...
      X