Anyone hunt in Montague County?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hunt in Montague County?

We have found a property in Montague county just north of Nocona that we might buy. Just wanted to get some thoughts on the deer hunting in that area?

Shot a nice 8 point out there this past season on my girlfriends parents property. From speaking to people up there it’s hit or miss, but the sheds my girlfriends dad have found on his property made me consider marrying her for hunting access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wise/Montague County Line pics

[ATTACH]915252[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]915253[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
        [ATTACH]915252[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]915253[/ATTACH]

That’s what I’m talking about. Almost looks like you’re hunting south Texas. If there is any confusion as to whether or not there are big deer in North Texas, stop by Fischer’s market in Muenster mid November and walk into the intake room.

Comment

I just bought a place north of St Jo so I’ll let you know how it goes. It looks deery as **** and we’ve heard rumors of 180+ bucks being killed in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbarron View Post
            I just bought a place north of St Jo so I’ll let you know how it goes. It looks deery as **** and we’ve heard rumors of 180+ bucks being killed in the area.

Comment

You will see deer maybe in the off season but when season hits most go nocturnal, might get lucky during the rut.

Comment

Some good ones in the area for sure. Closer to the river the better. Too close to the metro
                mess though and gets over hunted.

Comment

Those are some nice deer! The property looks good, lots of Oak trees and a lot of scattered plum thickets on the property. Might help save some money on food plots.

Comment

Throw out some corn and a camera, see what you got. I’ve heard stories of people seeing mule deer out there

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                      Throw out some corn and a camera, see what you got. I’ve heard stories of people seeing mule deer out there

They smoking crack then...like the locals!!! Ain’t no free range mule deer no where close to Montague county!!!

Comment

I had 500 acres on the river near Spanish Fort, there are some bigguns up there, sold the place to put the boys through college , I also leased 400 acres near Bulcher which is just to the east, there were giants running around there as well, have a place in Cooke County which is next door that has some big boys running around, I guess I need to keep my mouth shut, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                          They smoking crack then...like the locals!!! Ain’t no free range mule deer no where close to Montague county!!!

Hahahahaha well the man that told me that isn’t much of a hunter so it could be fake news

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                            I had 500 acres on the river near Spanish Fort, there are some bigguns up there, sold the place to put the boys through college , I also leased 400 acres near Bulcher which is just to the east, there were giants running around there as well, have a place in Cooke County which is next door that has some big boys running around, I guess I need to keep my mouth shut, LOL.

I’m trying to find a lease near Hagerman[emoji102]

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                              I’m trying to find a lease near Hagerman[emoji102]

If you need another hunter holler,

Comment

Working...
                              X