Found this Gem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
    Here's another from about the same time frame. Same pickup I think. Not a bow buck but I still count open sight Winchester lever guns as traditional.
    That's back when a truck hood would hold a deer. Nowadays the hood would collapse. haha Great pictures Zack! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

He was a great hunter and like most of the good ones an even better story teller. I would sit in the floor in front of the fireplace and listen to him tell hunting stories until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. What I would give for just one more of those nights.
      Yep, same with my Grandfather.

Comment

Love those old pics!

Comment

He was a great hunter and like most of the good ones an even better story teller. I would sit in the floor in front of the fireplace and listen to him tell hunting stories until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. What I would give for just one more of those nights.
          Bet you could build a fire this winter, lie down in front of it and you could hear him.

The deer is awesome but look at that corral

Comment

What's even better about this buck is back at that time in Oklahoma if someone saw a track it was a big deal and people would come over just to see it if it was on your place. To shoot a buck of this size you were a legend. Great photo and buck.

Comment

Very nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                What's even better about this buck is back at that time in Oklahoma if someone saw a track it was a big deal and people would come over just to see it if it was on your place. To shoot a buck of this size you were a legend. Great photo and buck.
                Exactly. Back in his day my great grandpa hunted for everyone that lived in that valley. That was prior to all the regulations we have now. He would be gone for several days at a time hunting. He also drove a school bus because he said it was the best way to find deer crossings and to top it off they were paying him to do it.

Comment

The first buck had to be a record of some sort. Your Grandpa shot some studs in his day.

Comment

that’s awesome!

Comment

Great pics and stories. Ti Valley is somewhat familiar through stories told by my dad and others.

Comment

Working...
                      X