2 weeks notice or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 weeks notice or not?

Let's discuss. If you are a manager do you expect your employees to give 2 weeks notice if they are leaving? If they do will you let them work the 2 weeks? If you are a manager and you give your 2 weeks notice will your company let you work it out or will they say thanks but go ahead and leave?

I’ve never been able to finish when I’ve given mine. I wouldnt expect a two weeks but at least just a heads up they’re about to be gone. The company isnt gonna let you have 2 weeks notice you’re being let go

Comment

Where I work every one that put in their notice was sent home that day .

Comment

I've always given two weeks notice in the spirit of not burning any bridges. You just never know what the future holds. Sometimes i've worked out the two weeks, sometimes i've been told to clear out. As a manager sometimes i've let folks work out the two weeks, sometimes i've told them to clear on out. I'd judge each case based on: do you trust the person, how badly do you need the person, what damage can they do, etc., etc. Not much help i guess. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
          Same here.

Comment

I have done it both ways. Depends on company policy also. If allowed and employee was a good employee and was just trying to better him or her self, or had real family issues, then I would let them work. On the other hand if employee was a jack wad, I let them go. No matter who it was, if they had a key to the plant, the locks were changed! If management, they were lot go that day. They were also required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
            Hope this helps.
            Last edited by White Falcon; 01-01-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
              Used to always be that where we work but depends on the situation nowadays. Reductions in workforce and having bare minimum staffing have changed things to where people have finished out their two weeks of they are decent employees.

Comment

I think it's customary if going to work for a competitor that you're immediately relieved from your duties. That's the way it was when I was in retail management anyhow.

Comment

I’ve always given a two week notice. I’ve always worked the full two weeks out and never been told to leave earlier. Never burn bridges.

Comment

I always give them 2 weeks TO notice

Comment

In higher education, I've always given two weeks notice and always worked out the full two weeks.

Comment

If you are going to get rid of an employee do you give them two weeks notice.
                        If they gave you the courtesy of a two week notice why wouldn't you let him work? They gave you a heads-up and didn't put you in a bind why would you want to put them in a bind

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I always went around the place singing Johnny Paycheck songs.

Comment

It depends on the job. You have to be prepared to leave when you give it. I think it is proper etiquette to give it. We have a policy: you don't give 2 week notice, not eligible for re-hire and cannot cash in vacation time

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                              Let's discuss. If you are a manager do you expect your employees to give 2 weeks notice if they are leaving? If they do will you let them work the 2 weeks? If you are a manager and you give your 2 weeks notice will your company let you work it out or will they say thanks but go ahead and leave?
                              That is why some people do not give 2 weeks notice...depends on the morality of the company

Comment

Working...
                              X