No announcement yet.

Hunting in the rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you kill on the couch is time. And an occasional beer. My FIL used the phrase: You don't ever catch a rabbit with the dogs tied up.

Comment

At my ranch in Kerr County the deer don’t move a lot during the rain but when is stops they start cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have been hunting the rain the last two days in Kenny co. Has not seemed to slow the deer down. Propane heater has been a must. Pic below as I type This!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

3 days of biblical rains on public land. Saw deer every day. This one swam a lake chasing doe
          Attached Files

Comment

Hunting can be great. Tracking, gutting, skinning etc. Not so much. Just look at all the posts above that say "I saw a ton of deer..." But passed on shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Same here. My favorite weather. The colder the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Same here!

Comment

Success this am in Kerrville. Free range axis down. Small buck I let pass in 5 sits. Snowing at ranch in Harper when I woke up. Must have got an inch of snow. But...only Axis came to feeder. No whitetail.
                Good luck y'all

Comment

two of the three biggest deer I've killed have been in the rain

Comment

Lots of deer have been killed in a light rain

Comment

Saw 4 different deer yesterday. Drank some buds. Was a good time. Gonna start on some summer sausage today. Planning to do the cold hunt in the morning

Comment

Working...
                      X