Dog killing my chickens.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
    I have already posted to shoot the dogs but I am amazed by all of the people that post oh its a pet don't shoot a pet.......If the owners cared about the dogs they would keep them at home, plain and simple. For all of you people that are perfectly fine with someone elses property ( i.e. dogs ) destroying someone elses property ( i.e. chickens ) what if I load up a trailer load of cows and let them start grazing in your manicured yard?...maybe let them crap in your swimming pools some........Or God forbid maybe lick the paint off of your lifted 3/4 ton 4x4 truck with a 42 inch light bar on the roof..........

-john

Had a solution to a similar problem in college. Neighbors dogs ate my chickens. They didn't and I didn't live in an area I felt comfortable shooting. Solution..... I bought the meanest old Billy Goat I could find and it may or may not have stayed in my fence and it may or may not have hurt said dogs. After that I removed the goat and never had another problem with dogs.

Comment

I killed a pack of 4 dogs that belonged to my neighbor while they were in the process of trying to kill a calve. He tried to file charges and sought compensation for vet bills, one of them didn't die at the scene, but the law protected my rights as a landowner. As stated, if they are killing your livestock.....

Comment

LDPs please.

Ive got 60 birds. Thankfully I dont have this problem. I had a skunk decapitate 8 chicks in one night...I found him dead in the coop because the hens pecked him to his grave.

Good luck Kruppa.

Comment

OP. Take a bill to the neighbors for replacement cost from local feed store. They don't have to offer. You demand they pay you for damages done bybtheir pet

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
            I read threads here all the time about the pure hatred of hogs, coons, coyotes, and thieves. People are actually willing to or at least voice their willingness for mass elimination, torture, and who knows what. What is the difference between them doing what they do and a dog doing what it does. There is absolutely no difference other than how a person has conditioned their thinking. Every situation calls for its own response.
            I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Bci2nd View Post
              It actually is against the law, but the subsection of the statute I listed gives a defense to prosecution.

Same as killing another human, its illegal but extenuating circumstances make it justified.
              Not exactly accurate. Murder is a crime. Justified homicide is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
                I'd give your neighbor a warning and then shoot them the next time.
                The only problem with that is it escalates the neighbor wars because folk like that don’t recognize they are the problem.

Just kill them and haul them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bci2nd View Post
                  Thats the health and safety code.

Look up and read 42.092 of the PENAL code.
                  And traffic violations are in the traffic code Police land sheriffs enforce a lot of codes other than penal code I enforced that particular health and safety code section a ton when I was a leo penal code is not the only place to find what is and is not legal.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

[quote=flyby;12990799]
                    Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post

Bci2nd is spot on. It IS ILLEGAL, and he CAN be ARRESTED!!! A "defense to prosecution" comes during the trial phase, not before. It's pretty obvious you don't understand Texas law.

Good job posting the Penal Code and with your explanation.
                    So do you not enforce the traffic code as a k9? According to your post if its not in the penal code then you can't enforce it or use it.

It may say that in the penal code but that doesn't take into account other codes that exist and context of the situation.

As a Leo you have to use your brain and be aware of other codes that apply in certain situations. Health and safety code takes over in a livestock situation like this.

Its basic police academy stuff here.

By the way the drug cases you put on people for controlled substances and such don't some of those come from the health an safety code that you are ignoring here?

The answer here is yes

kronik by Diamond
                    Last edited by TxKronik; 12-06-2017, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Nothing is being ignored. There are many over lapping areas between penal, traffic, H&S, cvo and other statutes.

It being listed as a “may” in the H&S doesnt alleviate the offense from the penal code.

Would charges be brought? Probably not.

But could they be? They sure could.

I never said only the penal code was enforced, I said the penal code only lists illegal activities and if your activity is not listed it is not illegal as it pertains to the penal code.

Comment

Which is ignoring other facts to suit your point of view the totality of the circumstances determine what applies when

You can't shoot your neighbors dog for barking but this is a different set of circumstances

Some drugs are a controlled substance and illegal with out a prescription doesn't mean you can be arrested for having them in the correct package with the prescription on it and have to prove it to a jury.

kronik by Diamond
                        Last edited by TxKronik; 12-06-2017, 08:33 PM.

Comment

My mom just went through a similar incident, but it was her neighbors goats coming on her property and eating her garden and newly planted fruit trees. She talked with the neighbor multiple times but it continued. She was upset but didn’t know what to do about it. Well when i came up for thanksgiving I solved the problem for her. Her local yotes ate pretty good lol. Funny thing is my mom got so mad at me, can’t win for lose i guess.

Comment

Dog killing my chickens.

To those saying he shouldn’t shoot the dogs if the neighbors refuses to do something, what if we changed chickens to family dogs. Is fair that one persons pet is killing my pet, should I not defend my dog.
                            I think it should even be more clear when the animal is income producing. I have a right to protect it and my livelihood.
                            SSS if it’s not resolved by neighbors after letting them know of problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If it were my dog, I would want you to come talk to me like a man instead of just killing my dog. I would make it right and pay for the damages/replace the livestock.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

FWIW... I recommend the 22 mag, field research has proven the 22 lr to be insufficient for proper sss, especially when it involves pit bulls.

Comment

Working...
                                X