This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    That’s ridiculous.. and not well thought out. You know how much money that dude would make if he won the Super Bowl!.
    Not well thought out?? Let me educate you.

If A then B, is always true, when A is False.

If Jerrah won a Super Bowl, then Jerrah would make millions. True statement, but irrelevant. Jerrah has not won a SB, in the relevant past. So, he keeps selling jerseys.

Jerrah can't/doesnt need to win a SB, in order for the business to succeed. That is the problem.

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Originally posted by planomustang View Post

If Jerrah won a Super Bowl, then Jerrah would make millions. True statement, but irrelevant. Jerrah has not won a SB, in the relevant past. So, he keeps selling jerseys.

Jerrah can't/doesnt need to win a SB, in order for the business to succeed. That is the problem.

Lol.. no it’s not well thought out at ALL. It’s not rocket science. Jerry spends the same exact money in salary to win or lose. He has to, according to the CBA, spend up to 97% of the cap and he rarely spends less than the max. So he makes his money with merchandise, sponsorships and naming right sakes not being cheap because he can’t under the CBA. I don’t have to educate you on how that number will multiply exponentially winning multiple Super Bowls. Just look at the Patriots before Bellichek and Brady to see how their value skyrocketed from one of the lowest to one of the highest (I believe 2nd now) after multiple SB wins. The Cowboys value would explode with multiple SB wins. Saying Jerry doesn’t care out winning and only selling jerseys is just lazy armchair GM fodder when one leads to a whole lot more of the other .

Jerry has been on record saying he would give up a whole lot of his net worth to win another Super Bowl before he dies. That speaks for itself. Obviously he doesn’t now how to do that well but he wants to do it his way. He’s worth $4 billion. Selling more jerseys won’t do anything for him he doesn’t already get. Another Lombardi will.
      Last edited by Smart; 11-11-2019, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Here’s some good reading ...

Comment

The Cowboys value would explode with multiple SB wins. .
          If A then B, is always true, when A is false.

If the Cowboys won multiple Super Bowls, then the Cowboys value would explode. That is a true statement, but the Cowboys have not won a single Super Bowl, for nearly 30 years.

You are ignoring Jerrah's past performance (selling jerseys), versus how well he could do, by winning SB's. He does not need SB wins, to make money.

Comment

If A then B, is always true, when A is false.

If the Cowboys won multiple Super Bowls, then the Cowboys value would explode. That is a true statement, but the Cowboys have not won a single Super Bowl, for nearly 30 years.

You are ignoring Jerrah's past performance (selling jerseys), versus how well he could do, by winning SB's. He does not need SB wins, to make money.

Read the article. Nobody said he doesn’t want to make money. I’m
            not ignoring a thing. You said he not interested in winning as he is selling jerseys. He can do both. And winning and winning Super Bowls helps him sell more. Hell the Browns sell jerseys.

Again the article is from the mans mouth. I can’t help you if you don’t believe him. Don’t take my word for it. It’s right there in black and white.
            Last edited by Smart; 11-11-2019, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Read the article. Nobody said he doesn’t want to make money. I’m
              not ignoring a thing. You said he not interested in winning as he is selling jerseys. He can do both. And winning and winning Super Bowls helps him sell more. Hell the Browns sell jerseys.

Again the article is from the mans mouth. I can’t help you if you don’t believe him. Don’t take my word for it. It’s right there in black and white.
              Jerrah has not legitimately won a SB, since Jimmy Jones. Jerrah is not a winner, just a business man. Watch "A football with Troy Aikmen". Jerrah is a loser

Comment

Jerrah has not legitimately won a SB, since Jimmy Jones. Jerrah is not a winner, just a business man. Watch "A football with Troy Aikmen". Jerrah is a loser

You misspelled ....”I read the article and I guess I was wrong. “

Comment

Jerrah Jones is more interested in selling jerseys to us hicks, than he is interested in winning.

The Dallas Cowboys are a business, not a competitive NFL team.
                  That’s ridiculous.. and not well thought out. We hear this all the time. You know how much money that dude would make if he won the Super Bowl!. A whole lot more than he makes now on merchandise and naming rights. Winning a few Super Bowls would fatten the bottom line quick!
                  Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  But not enough for him to takes steps toward getting it done.

Contrary to popular belief, winning is not the most important thing to Jerry...winning Jerry’s way might be, but we know Jerry’s way doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Winning Jerry’s way is the most important.. yes. you can contrarian and devils advocate it all you want but to say Jerry doesn’t care about winning is dumb. He’s 78 **** years old. Worth $4 billion dollars. More money on top of 4 billion isn’t going to do **** for him in his everyday life like a Super Bowl trophy will.....

Lol.. no it’s not well thought out at ALL. It’s not rocket science. Jerry spends the same exact money in salary to win or lose. He has to, according to the CBA, spend up to 97% of the cap and he rarely spends less than the max. So he makes his money with merchandise, sponsorships and naming right sakes not being cheap because he can’t under the CBA. I don’t have to educate you on how that number will multiply exponentially winning multiple Super Bowls. Just look at the Patriots before Bellichek and Brady to see how their value skyrocketed from one of the lowest to one of the highest (I believe 2nd now) after multiple SB wins. The Cowboys value would explode with multiple SB wins. Saying Jerry doesn’t care out winning and only selling jerseys is just lazy armchair GM fodder when one leads to a whole lot more of the other .

Jerry has been on record saying he would give up a whole lot of his net worth to win another Super Bowl before he dies. That speaks for itself. Obviously he doesn’t now how to do that well but he wants to do it his way. He’s worth $4 billion. Selling more jerseys won’t do anything for him he doesn’t already get. Another Lombardi will.

Comment

Cowboys suck!!

Comment

The last I heard, the Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in all of sports(world wide). It appears that JJ has done just fine running his business.

That being said, JJ is a geezer and that geezer wants another ring, before he croaks, more than anything is my guess.

Will he get one? I doubt it.

I'm thankful that we have 5 rings. A few more would be nice, but at least we ain't the Falcons.

Comment

Low blow man...

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
                          Cowboys suck!!

No mames wey![emoji12][emoji23]

Comment

I hope they try and find their franchise QB instead of paying Prescot like he is one

Comment

I will agree with Smart 100%, Jerry wants to win a SB probably more than anyone in the NFL, I don't think money plays into this, the team is worth 5B so there is no telling what Jerry's net worth really is. He has not hired the right head coach, that is his only fault ( at least for the past 5 years ) I think with Stephen and McClay they have a very good management team.

Comment

For businessmen like Jerry, it's all about winning. Money is just a way to keep score. He's worth $4B....he's winning somewhere. Men like Jerry don't even want to lose at dominoes, Go Fish, or HORSE. Before he bought the Cowboys, he'd won enough to be able to afford the Cowboys. He bet his entire net worth on his ability to win as an owner in the NFL...he's won. To say that Jerry the businessman isn't a winner is laughable.

Comment

Working...
                                X