Cruise Drink Package Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
    Cruises stink. Unless you like standing in line, crowded, noisy poolside chairs that you can’t get unless you get up at 4am, being told where to be and when, buffet style food, and lots of old people. But that’s just my opinion. Go where you want and stay there. You’ll be happier
    I agree 100%. I went one time on our honeymoon. Never again. Too many people.

Comment

I bought a bunch on sunscreen flasks at amazon and used to refill at each stop since the drinks on the ship usually aren't strong enough.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have resisted my wife's pleading to go cruise for 22 years but now we set sail tomorrow. To make it worse, my entire extended family is going. We will carry on 2 bottles of wine for tomorrow evening then Friday our drink package kicks in but I just found out they will limit us to 15 per day each.

Did I mention the family part?

Comment

We just came back from a 4 day cruise on Royal and I definitely would do the drink package again. It makes it easy not having to worry about it the whole time.

Comment

Cruises stink. Unless you like standing in line, crowded, noisy poolside chairs that you can’t get unless you get up at 4am, being told where to be and when, buffet style food, and lots of old people. But that’s just my opinion. Go where you want and stay there. You’ll be happier
            Ive been on 10 cruises and have enjoyed them all...going on a ten day in June to Alaska...I guess there is something for everybody.

Never got the drink package but I don't drink that much.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
              Have resisted my wife's pleading to go cruise for 22 years but now we set sail tomorrow. To make it worse, my entire extended family is going. We will carry on 2 bottles of wine for tomorrow evening then Friday our drink package kicks in but I just found out they will limit us to 15 per day each.

Did I mention the family part?
              Stop your bitchn. I just went on one last summer with 52 family members.

Comment

Cruise Drink Package Question

Sorry a couple of you have had bad experiences on cruises. My wife and I went on a 7 day Alaskan back in 2013 and had a fantastic time. I’m definitely not a people person and I still loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

That being said we went on Princess and everything was top notch.

I don’t imagine I would enjoy a Caribbean cruise on Carnival nearly as much.

We also didn’t buy any drink packages, including soft drinks. We had no issue drinking coffee, tea, juice and water.

We bought a few drinks and soft drinks here and there and probably spent $100 or less on drinks. But we don’t have to drink to have a good time either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

All day long worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by popo1984 View Post
                    Going in December and have been going back and forth on this for weeks now. I think I'm gonna skip the alcohol package and try my luck sneaking a bottle on board. We will have the kids so wont be much drinking anyway.
                    YouTube...there are a bunch of ways to do it

Comment

RUM RUNNERS!!!!

Never been caught. You can bring a 12 pk coke and an empty 30 oz yeti. I sneak Jack Daniels on board, mix with a 12 pack of coke in my yeti and pay the room stawrd $5 a day to keep quiet and keep the ice bucket full. Never had an issue.

Comment

Well I bought the drink package but it didn’t kick in until day 2 for some reason. The first night I spent $475 on drinks. So yea it’s worth it if you’re smarter than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                          Empty water bottles and put vodka or some clear liquor. Buy the soft drink package and problem solved. Or empy a wine bottle and put dark liquor in it and take 2 bottles. We never bought it on carnival because they require both individuals to buy it or none at all. So my wife hardly drinks so not worth it to us.

Done this several times. You can get a cork out of a wine bottle without a cork screw so it will leave no marks. Or, you can do what I did on a few cruises. Just buy a package of new corks on Amazon and a package of the seals. Easy to find since there are many home wine making kits. Just buy 2 bottles of the cheapest wine, dump it down the drain. Then pick your alcohol. I used to get white wine and a light tequila would match the color very close. 2 bottles of tequila worked well for me and you can bring your own soft drinks for mixing. They even have cups and allow you to make a mixed drink in plain sight and no one will know. I used to mix my drinks right at the pool, all from the same cup. here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/Smuggle-Mug-1.../dp/B0117YF5R0

Comment

Hence lots of booze

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                              Done this several times. You can get a cork out of a wine bottle without a cork screw so it will leave no marks. Or, you can do what I did on a few cruises. Just buy a package of new corks on Amazon and a package of the seals. Easy to find since there are many home wine making kits. Just buy 2 bottles of the cheapest wine, dump it down the drain. Then pick your alcohol. I used to get white wine and a light tequila would match the color very close. 2 bottles of tequila worked well for me and you can bring your own soft drinks for mixing. They even have cups and allow you to make a mixed drink in plain sight and no one will know. I used to mix my drinks right at the pool, all from the same cup. here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/Smuggle-Mug-1.../dp/B0117YF5R0
                              This is some funny chit what you guys will do...LOL

Comment

I've been on 1 cruise, it was a 7 day'er and I think I was drunk most of the time. Wife (girlfriend at the time) & I rang up a $1500 tab in that week on drinks.

I'd buy it.

Comment

Working...
                                X