No announcement yet.

Can deer smell OFF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only use the deep woods off because it’s made for the woods and deer love the woods ����

Comment

Yes they can smell OFF. There is a whole industry for deer scents.

Now, if the deer can isolate your repellent may depend on if you are in a ground blind or way up. If the bugs are bad, consider a bug net for your head.

Comment

I use it when needed during the early season. It may spook some deer, but I know if I didn’t use it I wouldn’t be in the woods for long...

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
          The way I look at it is if you put something on you and they smell it, they would smell you too.
          Exactly right.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            And yes they do work that good and that's exactly why I do not own one..

That chemical simply cannot be healthy to breath I don't care who you are.. Gotta be some health issues associated with breathing that crap..

Totally agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
              Spray some around your buddies' stand and feeder then await the results!
              Good one

Comment

That chemical simply cannot be healthy to breath I don't care who you are.. Gotta be some health issues associated with breathing that crap..

Yessir several deer have died as a direct result of me breathing that crap

Comment

Breath Therma-cell fumes inside an open air space or contract West Nile?? As a person who's had West Nile I'll assure you it's no party..... 30+ days of zero fun..... I'll run the risk of the Therma-cell....

Comment

It does not cause harm in Brazoria county. I am sure the ingredients are known to cause cancer in California; however, we appear to be safe in Texas.

Comment

When i read the question. I thought when i opened it upit would be a joke or a nubbin buck post. Nope wrong on both. Buy a bug Tamer suit. Problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                        It does not cause harm in Brazoria county. I am sure the ingredients are known to cause cancer in California; however, we appear to be safe in Texas.
                        Oh yea I forgot where we live.. And where we work.. Pppffft. That stuff is candy in comparison..

Comment

I use repel 100% deet. No chiggers, ticks or mosquitoes. Never noticed it affecting my hunts.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Try a picardin based insect repellent. When dry its supposed to be scentless and wont mess up plastic and rubber like deet will. I also use thermocell and treat my clothes with Permethrin for chiggers, ticks and such.

Comment

Man I sure miss No Stinkin Bugs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yea I forgot where we live.. And where we work.. Pppffft. That stuff is candy in comparison..
                                Speakin' of which... the preservatives in foods and glycolethylmethylphenolyumyum fake sweeteners are prolly worse than the occasional thermocell huff. No telling what that chit is doing to us!

Comment

Working...
                                X