Women's world cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I still hope they win, I’m just not gonna watch it. Also I fully realize that my not watching will change absolutely nothing.

On a semi related note, I stumbled across Wimbledon today to see that 15yo young American lady takin it to some euro chick....[emoji15]

Coco was bringing that smoke, and I’m here for all of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s one sport I just will not watch anymore and I played a lot of it growing up through middle school with our town’s summer recreation programs. Thankfully HS baseball made you chose between them so I didn’t have to play it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I still hope they win, I’m just not gonna watch it. Also I fully realize that my not watching will change absolutely nothing.

On a semi related note, I stumbled across Wimbledon today to see that 15yo young American lady takin it to some euro chick....[emoji15]

Coco was bringing that smoke, and I’m here for all of it!

I am a tennis player and she was fun to watch! I hope she can stay modest and enjoy her success. I hate the spoiled brats that are her predecessors.

Comment

The average NFL game lasts ~3.5 hours, of that the ball is only in play for 11 minutes. At least in soccer the ball is in play for the full 90 minutes of the game.

Many of my international friends say they like American football because it’s so slow they can talk and enjoy drinks and food while not worrying about missing anything in the game. In soccer they can’t look away because the ball is always in play and a scoring opportunity can happen any time. I find it hard to argue with them.

The flopping is annoying and even major soccer fans agree but as long as set piece plays derived from a penalty are such high percentage scoring opportunities then drawing a foul will be a key part of the game. We see it in the NBA where fouls leads to scoring as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          The average NFL game lasts ~3.5 hours, of that the ball is only in play for 11 minutes. At least in soccer the ball is in play for the full 90 minutes of the game.

Many of my international friends say they like American football because it’s so slow they can talk and enjoy drinks and food while not worrying about missing anything in the game. In soccer they can’t look away because the ball is always in play and a scoring opportunity can happen any time. I find it hard to argue with them.

The flopping is annoying and even major soccer fans agree but as long as set piece plays derived from a penalty are such high percentage scoring opportunities then drawing a foul will be a key part of the game. We see it in the NBA where fouls leads to scoring as well.
          agreed

Comment

[QUOTE=Dave;14231918]The average NFL game lasts ~3.5 hours, of that the ball is only in play for 11 minutes. At least in soccer the ball is in play for the full 90 minutes of the game.

The flopping is annoying and even major soccer fans agree but as long as set piece plays derived from a penalty are such high percentage scoring opportunities then drawing a foul will be a key part of the game. We see it in the NBA where fouls leads to scoring

So watching a ball go around a huge field for 20 min between actual shots on goal is fun?

Comment

If yall don't like watching soccer, it's because you don't understand it. Same with golf and a handful of other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                If yall don't like watching soccer, it's because you don't understand it. Same with golf and a handful of other sports.
                I understand every bit of it. But because I live in a 1st world country I have plenty of options for sporting entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  I understand every bit of it. But because I live in a 1st world country I have plenty of options for sporting entertainment.
                  You have a whole lot of strong opinions. That's great.

Comment

Can you lift that broad brush by yourself or did you need help?..

Comment

You have a whole lot of strong opinions. That's great.
                      So, whats that got to do with anything?
                      You said anyone who did not.like.futbol did not understand futbol. I do understand it. It cant hold a candle to football or baseball or even basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        So watching a ball go around a huge field for 20 min between actual shots on goal is fun?
                        Yes I do.

An 8-12 play drive that stalls out and results in a missed field might take 20+ min of actual time and result in no points being scored. I don’t see the difference between the two. A 3.5 hour football game that ends at 21-14 is the same as a 3-2 soccer match as far as number of scores.

I don’t need the score to be high to enjoy watching the little battles won and lost that result in an overall win.

Comment

GOAL!!!!!!! Good match so far. Come on USA keep it up!!!!

Comment

Now another goal for US. 2-0, over 73 mins in.

Comment

US dominating IMO

Comment

Why debate it? If you are not watching you are missing out. Every game.. not by any means but I watch the women’s Olympics as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X