Women's world cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
    Pay gaps happen in every sport based on sport, position, revenue, etc. You could spend all day talking about it. In the end, it's about who brings in the money.
    So we agree then? Given that the women in this case are bringing in more money to the federation than the men, they should be paid at least as much as the men, probably more?

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
      So we agree then? Given that the women in this case are bringing in more money to the federation than the men, they should be paid at least as much as the men, probably more?
      Agree pay difference in every job thought it this country. If the ladies are bringing I. The majority of the revenue, then adjust their salary. The ladies play hard in the WNBA but they just don’t generate the revenue to support salaries comparable to the NBA.

As for this Women’s Soccer Team, I will support the team and root for them despite the political differences some players have voiced. They are wearing the three letters USA! America is a country where we have the right to express an opinion because we have that freedom. We may not always agree with ones political, social or religious views; however, we are blessed to openly voice without repercussions. Thankful for those soldiers who fought and continue to fight for my freedom.

I have the right to bear arms and hunt despite those who oppose both; however, I am not going to bash them because of their views. I am just going to keep hunting and carrying and will cheer for the ladies on Sunday. Mens soccer team as well.

Comment

Is Brandi Chastahamm still playing?

:-)

Comment

This isn't true at all. Each team in the world cup gets an equal chunk of the take from the federation. The further you advance you get more money from them.

Look at the ratings for men vs women. It's not even close. The men have a bigger take right from the get go than the women. The women's take is much smaller right from the start. The women get a 12% of the take, the men get 7% in the USA. They are actually getting paid more percentage wise than the men.

NBA guys get paid a ton more than the WNBA gals. Look at the ratings and you can see why. It's the same principle.

Until the women's game can get the same audience as the men's does they will never get paid the same.

Comment

Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post

The women produce a tiny fraction that the men bring in. Typically the women bring in a few hundred million the men bring 6 billion. When the women in this league can produce billions then they can argue for more money.
            If any player wants to wear a USA jersey they need to at a minimum........like and appreciate the USA otherwise be run off.

Comment

I will add the women's team is their own worst enemy as far as gaining a legitimate fan base by their own actions. This is entirely their own fault so they have no one to blame but themselves.

Ask the Dixie Chicks how bashing our president on foreign soil worked out for them.

Comment

man i was hoping Sweden was going to pull off the win...

Lieke Martens fan here

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                  This isn't true at all. Each team in the world cup gets an equal chunk of the take from the federation. The further you advance you get more money from them.

Look at the ratings for men vs women. It's not even close. The men have a bigger take right from the get go than the women. The women's take is much smaller right from the start. The women get a 12% of the take, the men get 7% in the USA. They are actually getting paid more percentage wise than the men.

NBA guys get paid a ton more than the WNBA gals. Look at the ratings and you can see why. It's the same principle.

Until the women's game can get the same audience as the men's does they will never get paid the same.
                  Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post

The women produce a tiny fraction that the men bring in. Typically the women bring in a few hundred million the men bring 6 billion. When the women in this league can produce billions then they can argue for more money.
                  If any player wants to wear a USA jersey they need to at a minimum........like and appreciate the USA otherwise be run off.

You both seem to think I'm talking the whole women's world cup vs the whole men's world cup, and only those specific tournaments. I don't care about the other countries or individual tournaments, I'm only discussing OUR country's teams, and their total revenue generation. This includes sponsorships, tournament winnings, ticket sales, and ad sales by viewership.

The USWNT has generated $50.8 Million from 2016-2018, the USMNT $49.9 million.

Oh, and the USWNT beats the USMNT in ratings and ticket sales if you were wondering.

Comment

Women's world cup

I don’t know much about soccer but my wife is tired of me talking about how awesome and hot Alex Morgan is !

Comment

I will add the women's team is their own worst enemy as far as gaining a legitimate fan base by their own actions. This is entirely their own fault so they have no one to blame but themselves.

Ask the Dixie Chicks how bashing our president on foreign soil worked out for them.
                      Who are the Dixie Chicks?[emoji848]

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Tmill View Post
                        If it is so boring why is it the most popular sport in the entire world? Also, why are the top 3 highest paid athletes in the world soccer players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I know one reason for the world wide popularity is its a very cheap game to play. kids anywhere in the world can find something to use as a make shift futbol. its one of the few sports that literally anyone can play in some form or fashion. and just like with most sports kids that grow up in worse off areas see sports as a way out. if they can reach the same level as their heroes they can escape where they are. I do think there are some great aspects of the game for instance the non stop clock I like ball goes out of bounds just hurry up and get it back in play no reason to stop time to reset make sure everyones ready forget that keep the game moving. I also do like how much has to go right for a goal to happen its like the NHL 10yrs ago. mostly 3 total goal games just hads that much more value/loss to scoring a goal or having one scored on you.

Comment

Too slow. Not enough scoring and to many fake my knee hurt, I was fouled, back and forth without shots on goal.
                          Then again I've pretty much written off all of organized sports.

Gary

Comment

You both seem to think I'm talking the whole women's world cup vs the whole men's world cup, and only those specific tournaments. I don't care about the other countries or individual tournaments, I'm only discussing OUR country's teams, and their total revenue generation. This includes sponsorships, tournament winnings, ticket sales, and ad sales by viewership.

The USWNT has generated $50.8 Million from 2016-2018, the USMNT $49.9 million.

Oh, and the USWNT beats the USMNT in ratings and ticket sales if you were wondering.

Your not getting the big picture.

Do you know who Christian Pulisic is?

Comment

Your not getting the big picture.

Do you know who Christian Pulisic is?
                              Pretty simple picture to me: the USWNT and USMNT are both paid by the USSF. The USWNT brings in more money to the USSF, yet is paid less. That's why there's a dispute.

I'm aware of who Pulisic is, but please, do explain what you consider to be the big picture.

Comment

Pretty simple picture to me: the USWNT and USMNT are both paid by the USSF. The USWNT brings in more money to the USSF, yet is paid less. That's why there's a dispute.

I'm aware of who Pulisic is, but please, do explain what you consider to be the big picture.
                                Maybe the difference in pay has to do with the women's team ordering 98 different sets of uniforms before they settle on one, 76 pairs of cleats a piece only to wear then once, 24 hour long photo shoots that no one will agree on which one to use, having to need 21 chef's travel with the team so everybody can get what they want to eat 24-7, a 5000 TB server to host all the selfies, $510,000 dry cleaning bill a week for re-washes cause they didn't look right, $15.2 million in airplane fuel wasted because somebody forgot something back home and had to turn around to get, 51 different hair and makeup stylists on call 24-7 for the team, $17.9 million extra for the security team for combat pay when Flo's pheromones attacks the group, $27.3 million in lost hotel deposits because not everyone had a pool view, $61.7 million in per diem overages when shopping wherever.

It all adds up.

Life isn't fair. They had 8 years of Rosie, Winfrey and Obama championing their cause to fight the system and got nothing. It's not up to us.

Comment

Working...
                                X