LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just reading the rules online.
    Only turkey hunting, and migratory bird hunters are exempt from wearing orange. Cannot see a reason for orange during bow season, I need to call Decatur.
    The websight also said since rabbit and sqiurrel hunting is year round onsome units ( as LBJ is ) everyone, even hikers, are required to wear orange because hunting can occur year round.
    Wish I could tell how old these web sites are...

Comment

EFFECTIVE DATE: This Order is effective September 17, 2012 until September 18, 2017, or until rescinded.

Not sure if this was extended.

Hunting or accompanying a hunter during any permitted hunting season without wearing 400 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange, with a minimum of 144 square inches visible on both chest and back and daylight fluorescent headwear.

Exceptions: 1. When hunting turkey, migratory birds, fur-bearing animals or predatory animals at night. 2. During archery season on Lyndon B. Johnson National Grassland.

Comment

Took this off TPWD Website...What You Need to Know
        Public Hunting in Texas 2017-18...Hunter Orange •fails to visibly wear at least 400 square inches of hunter orange material with orange headwear and at least 144 square inches appearing on both chest and back during daylight hours at times when hunting with firearms is permitted. Exempt from these requirements are: (1) authorized department personnel and landowner employees, (2) persons hunting turkey or migratory game birds, (3) persons within the enclosed passenger compartment of a motor vehicle, (4) persons within a designated campground, designated vehicle parking area, designated boat launching facility or departmental check station, and (5) persons other than hunters on COE properties.

Notice: to archery hunters and recreational users: You must wear hunter orange during daylight hours at any time when firearm hunting for any species is authorized on the unit. Many units allow firearm hunting year-round for rabbits, and firearm hunts for squirrel and dove often are conducted concurrently with archery deer hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by jbowman612 View Post
          https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...rdb5389544.pdf

EFFECTIVE DATE: This Order is effective September 17, 2012 until September 18, 2017, or until rescinded.

Not sure if this was extended.

Hunting or accompanying a hunter during any permitted hunting season without wearing 400 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange, with a minimum of 144 square inches visible on both chest and back and daylight fluorescent headwear.

Exceptions: 1. When hunting turkey, migratory birds, fur-bearing animals or predatory animals at night. 2. During archery season on Lyndon B. Johnson National Grassland.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/texas...TELPRDB5292305
          This is correct. Hunter Orange is not required during archery season.

261.58(v) Hunting or accompanying a hunter during any permitted hunting season without wearing 400 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange, with a minimum of 144 square inches visible on both chest and back and daylight fluorescent headwear.

Exceptions:
          1. When hunting turkey, migratory birds, fur-bearing animals
          or predatory animals at night.
          2. During archery season on Lyndon B. Johnson National
          Grassland.

Click on the link jbowman posted and become familiar with all the Forest Supervisor's Orders. I'm guessing they have not updated the FS website.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post

Click on the link jbowman posted and become familiar with all the Forest Supervisor's Orders. I'm guessing they have not updated the FS website.
            How would you know? Do you work for them?

Luv ya brother!

Comment

No target shooting of any kind is allowed out there. No pellet, pistols, or rim fires either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                How would you know? Do you work for them?

Luv ya brother!
                I've been retarded for 5 1/2 years. My guess was based on my on the job experience with federal gov't ineptitude.

Comment

I called Decatur this morning about wearing orange, and the differences on the web sights.
                  The lady told me to call TPWD, as she said they make all the rules.(????)
                  I also asked about the Jan. 8-21 late gun season, if does were legal, and she had no idea.
                  I guess I will have to go on a road trip to find someone working there that knows there own rules.

Comment

Originally posted by snubnose57 View Post
                    I called Decatur this morning about wearing orange, and the differences on the web sights.
                    I also asked about the Jan. 8-21 late gun season, if does were legal, and she had no idea.
                    I guess I will have to go on a road trip to find someone working there that knows there own rules.
                    The lbj forest service had nothing to do with the rules anymore tpwd handles everything this year they forest service doesn't even hand out the doe tags.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
                      The lbj forest service had nothing to do with the rules anymore tpwd handles everything this year they forest service doesn't even hand out the doe tags.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
                      There are no doe tags handed out.

Comment

The state does not require orange for hunting at all in Texas. Whose call is it that it is mandatory for gun season? Now I am getting really confused.

Comment

The lady that normally answers the phone retired last week. I'm speculating that the new person has not had time to be trained and does not know all of the answers yet.

Click on the links jbowman612 posted above. They will answer most of your questions.

Comment

The state does not require orange for hunting at all in Texas. Whose call is it that it is mandatory for gun season? Now I am getting really confused.
                            The U.S. Forest Service. It's in the Forest Supervisor's Orders posted above.

There is some misinformation in post 294. The Forest Service regulates occupancy and use. TPWD and the Forest Service work together to establish the hunting regulations on FS lands. TPWD regulates the bag and size limits.

Hope this helps.
                            Last edited by Froggy; 10-05-2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                              The U.S. Forest Service. It's in the Forest Supervisor's Orders posted above.

There is some misinformation in post 294. The Forest Service regulates occupancy and use. TPWD and the Forest Service work together to establish the hunting regulations on FS lands. TPWD regulates the bag and size limits.

Hope this helps.
                              For those in question, and if your wise, I'd listen to this feller ^^^, since he retired from there and wore "green jeans".

Comment

Been hunting there since the early 80's.
                                Just want to make sure to follow all the rules.
                                Hope we have JBJ for many years to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X