X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JB3 View Post
      Ok guys. Here is a summary of what's going on?
      There are 4 sources of information that we get our hunting and fishing regs from
      1. The print version (pamphlet) of the Texas Outdoor Annual
      2. The .pdf version of the Texas Outdoor Annual
      3. The phone app version of the Texas Outdoor Annual, available from Google Play
      4. The TPWD website
      #'s 1 and 2 say this: IT IS LEGAL TO TAKE A DOE ON USFS LAND IN WISE COUNTY DURING ARCHERY SEASON
      #'s 3 AND 4 say this: IT IT ILLEGAL TO TAKE A DOE ON USFS LAND IN WISE COUNTY DURING ARCHERY SEASON

These sources are in conflict with one another! So which one is correct? According to the wildlife biologist at the LBJ field office in Decatur, #1 and 2 are correct. The Print Version and the .pdf version are correct. IT IS LEGAL TO HARVEST ANTLERLESS DEER DURING ARCHERY SEASON ON USFS LAND.

Why does this conflict exist? Basically, someone in the programming department made a mistake. Someone made an entry to the phone app (#3) and the TPWD website (#4) that is in error. These errors are supposed to be corrected by tomorrow afternoon so that all 4 sources of information match.

All doe be warned - you are fair game come sunrise Saturday morning.
      Happy hunting guys.
      Thanks for clarifying! I was ready to let em fly at some does and still am apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by ctyp3 View Post
        Good luck out there this year guys, I don't live too far away from there if anyone needs any help, anytime just give me a shout. I had a bad time out there last year, fell from a ladder stand when I was trying to move it and tore my knee up pretty bad, and I was alone...
        Godda get that safety harness man!

Comment

Dang... No doubt scary
          Sure am glad it's the same ol regs

Comment

Comment

All 4 sources of information about doe harvest now match. Online and app were changed this afternoon. Good luck shooting does during archery season!

Comment

Good luck to everyone out there this weekend. Wish u could join yall but goung to mexia to hunt some private land. Be safe and post pictures if you arrow something

Comment

Good luck to all! I’ll be at my lease, but hope to hit up LBJ before too long!

Comment

Good luck to all the public land hunters tomorrow. Wish I could be at the LBJ but can't make it this weekend. Hope the buck I followed this summer is still around when I get back to North Texas. Traveling for work so I will be trying a new spot in Central Texas this weekend.

Comment

Harvested my first turkey this evening. 3 year old bearded hen.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

I sat this evening. Didn't see anything. Heard a doe blowing about 100 yards from me. Yay!

Comment

I just spoke with TPWD and the official stated you CAN shoot antlerless in accordance with the OUTDOOR ANNUAL booklet for Wise and Montague counties. Page 94 and 87. (He also recognized that there was a lot confusion as stated in earlier posts.)

Good luck everyone. Looks like I will be attempting a hunt out there this month.

Question: Do any of you use a bike once you've parked? Is this a good method of transport? I use mine at Hagerman and it works perfectly. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                            I just spoke with TPWD and the official stated you CAN shoot antlerless in accordance with the OUTDOOR ANNUAL booklet for Wise and Montague counties. Page 94 and 87. (He also recognized that there was a lot confusion as stated in earlier posts.)

Good luck everyone. Looks like I will be attempting a hunt out there this month.

Question: Do any of you use a bike once you've parked? Is this a good method of transport? I use mine at Hagerman and it works perfectly. Thanks!
                            I do not but most of my spots do not have a nice trail to ride down, especially at especially in the dark. I think it would be more of a hazard for me. If that wasn't the case though I would definitely do it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Rich1201

AT Hagerman I park car, then bike about 1.5 miles in (on straight road where no motor traffic is allowed), then secure the bike, and usually another .5 mile on foot. Not having been there, I'm hoping that is what LBJ is similar to.

Comment

Hey all, newbie here. I've been lurking on the thread and figured it was time to join.

Hunted opening morning and had deer move by me about 30min before legal hours. I was just happy to be in the right place if just maybe at the wrong time. Later in the morning, I heard some gunshots near the entrance. Found a man who had just bought a gun doing some target shooting. Is this kind of thing something y'all see very often?

Comment

Working...
                                X