Baby copperhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
    I thought I was a copperhead because I’ve seen so many threads on here showing juveniles with the yellow tail. Is it really that big of a deal?
    Yes, it really is that big of a deal. I have a bunch of cottonmouths at my house, and few copperheads. Copperheads get a pass because their bite might make you swell and get a little sick if you’re healthy. A cottonmouth bite will rot your hand off. Cottonmouths don’t get a pass. BTW, that is a juvenile cottonmouth.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
      Yes, it really is that big of a deal. I have a bunch of cottonmouths at my house, and few copperheads. Copperheads get a pass because their bite might make you swell and get a little sick if you’re healthy. A cottonmouth bite will rot your hand off. Cottonmouths don’t get a pass. BTW, that is a juvenile cottonmouth.
      I meant people getting so bent. “It’s dead so what does it matter”. Simple mistake.

Comment

My grandma nearly died after getting bit by a copperhead on her porch. Now there's a 410 by the porch for this very reason. Has anyone else every been targeted by water moccasins while fishing? It seems they have it out for me during certain times of the year...super aggressive.

Comment

Why isnt it on fire?

Amateurs.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I misspoke in this video but here’s a baby cottonmouth just like yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After looking closer at the pattern, color, yellow tail, head, etc. I have determined this snake is a dead snake. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod View Post
                  My grandma nearly died after getting bit by a copperhead on her porch. Now there's a 410 by the porch for this very reason. Has anyone else every been targeted by water moccasins while fishing? It seems they have it out for me during certain times of the year...super aggressive.

I took a knee with my son (4 at the time) about 4 feet from a coiled up cottonmouth. I touched it on the nose with a stick to get him to open his mouth so my boy could see why it's called a cotton mouth. We talked about it and why it could hurt him, poked it several time to get that mouth open again and again...then it finally slithered off into the creek.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    I took a knee with my son (4 at the time) about 4 feet from a coiled up cottonmouth. I touched it on the nose with a stick to get him to open his mouth so my boy could see why it's called a cotton mouth. We talked about it and why it could hurt him, poked it several time to get that mouth open again and again...then it finally slithered off into the creek.
                    Then one day..when your son is older, he'll find himself in the woods.. and he'll trip while walking to the stand.. and he'll lift his head up off the leafy canapy on the forest floor...and be nose to nose with that snake.
                    And he will recognize the snake as being the one he saw with you as a kid.
                    And the snake will recognize the man as the boy who, with his father..let him live all those years ago...letting him father babies of his own..and live to an old age in those woods.
                    And that snake will bite your son in the face because.... snake.
                    Last edited by systemnt; 09-23-2019, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X