• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunnyart View Post
    married her almost 27 years ago
    hahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Never had the opportunity to hunt many of the critters posted...exotics or African game, but the good ole' American Feral Hog is still tops on my list.

*Visited a hog trap set near Beeville several years ago. Pulled up one morning to check and it had a nasty younger boar (about 150lbs guessing) snorting and running into the fence when I pulled up on my UTV. All I had, don't do it anymore as I also carry a Glock 10mm, was a AR15 wilde. Of course, the AR was scoped so I backed off about 20+- yards and let a round fly.

Thought I compensated for the scope but unfortunately it broke the hogs lower jaw, just flopped but he was MORE than pi..ed off. He had his eyes on me and kept charging the fence to get to me. Even thou I HATE these critters, I really felt bad because of the scope and my lack of shot placement! Any true hunter always strives for ethical, first shot kills.

Anyway, I adjusted my aim at the same distance and dropped him on the next shot with a heart/lung.

**Funny, to this day I remember that and won't EVER have the same result if I can help it, even with our Dam Feral Hogs.....10mm is a DRT!

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
        A beaver. Those things can really take a licking.

Yep, you can’t seem to hurt those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to a Chinese buffet once. Pretty scary experience when I got 10 yards of the last egg roll and 3 people were eye balling it.

I shot a 315 lb Boar 2 months ago. Then I shot it again, and again, and again...

Comment

A large Tigershark 70 miles offshore, ate half of a large red snapper, then I caught the shark and he broke my line and moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by chancito1 View Post
              Nilgai on few occasions
              X10 one tuff dude right there. Anything that can run right through a barbed wire fence and never break stride is tuff.

Also shot a charging boar in the junk and he just kept righ on going.

Comment

Just about every catfish I ever caught. I used to iced them down at the lake and bring them home to put in the tank. I guess the cold slowed their blood. Normally they will swim off after being filleted!

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
                  Well played sir

Comment

Shot a doe 6 times over a 10-15 min span (with a .243) and 5 of the 6 were “kill shots”. Toughest animal I have ever experienced in person

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                      Yep, you can’t seem to hurt those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      yeahhhh some can take a real pounding

Comment

Shot a pig in the head at 80 yards with a 58 grain bullet out of a 243 at nearly 4,000 fps. Dropped him. Then he got up and ran off.

Shot him a couple weeks later at 40 yards with a 45-70, then again in the sack as he ran away. That anchored him for good.

Comment

Back home in NM I've seen Gemsbok and Barbary take 180gr 300 mag and run a long ways on many occasions. A lot of folks hit Gemsbok too high and they'll live, no problem.

Comment

Shot a coyote 5 times with a .243 using 100 grain softpoints. My first shot hit him in the bridge of the nose and took off one side of its face. I thought it was done for until he got up. When I went up to get him after making a lot of noise he was laying with the good side of his face up and I saw him blink. I ended up shooting him again with a .22 and that was that. I'm not proud of that one....at all. Made me feel pretty lousy seeing that coyote layin there tore up like that. I've seen my share of tough coyotes but that one definitely stands out.

Shot a 180 pound boar in Texas with the same rifle that was caught in a snare. Hit it in the shoulder with a 90 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip. My buddy grabbed its leg and it flipped right side up and hit the end of that snare. He told me to shoot it in the ear with his .22 revolver. 6 shots later it was still alive and mad. Every time I put a bullet in his ear he'd shake his head and run at me. I got the .243 out and shot him behind the shoulder at point blank. I took pictures with that hog and we threw him in the back of my buddies old Suburban. We had driven a little ways when someone said to listen....That dang boar was still breathing. I have the skull and you can see one hole where a .22 bullet made it through. Apparently it didn't hit what it was supposed to.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 10-12-2017, 09:22 PM.

Comment

350 pound bull while going to rodeo school. I never had a chance lol.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                                Cape Buffalo

Not when you shoot them in the heart. They die.

Comment

Working...
                                X