No announcement yet.

Toughest animal you’ve seen in person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a guy on my lease shoot a big aoudad ram and he pulled the shot and arrowed him through the neck. 2 days later that ram came to another guy's feeder on my lease and he arrowed him quartering away and just behind the shoulder and we never found him. 2 weeks later the same ram came limping to my feeder and I just happened to have a 30-06 with me. I decided to finish him off and shot him high shoulder. He hit the dirt and I turned to lean my gun back up in the corner. When I turned back around he was up again and running. Never did find him and looked for a long time.

Comment

Coyotes, will chew his leg out of a steel trap and live. Will to survive!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Nobody has said A 271" whitetail buck?
        Better be careful.... apparently threads that mention this deer get whacked.....

Comment

Blackbuck antelope - pound for pound toughest hombre out there. Shot one twice with a 7mag before he would go down.

Comment

South Texas mature buck in full rut

Comment

I saw a friend shoot a WT buck broadside at 20 yards with a 300 WM. Blew out his off side shoulder. Second shot as he was running took out his back leg. We trailed it about a half mile when it jumped and ran. Decided to give him overnight. Trailed him the next morning for a couple of miles and jumped him still alive. Third shot put him down enough that we could get to him and stick a knife in his chest.

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                I hadn't killed one but I've seen an Oryx take 2 CCs of bam and walk it off like it's nothing
                Had a couple of bucks years ago when I was still using Telazol/Xylazine that were like crack heads. One buck weighed about 160lbs, hit him with 2cc's and didn't even phase him. Hit him with another 2cc and knocked him out for about 10 minutes barely long enough to get him on the trailer. His son was the same way. About 170lbs. on the hoof and hit him with 2.5cc's and knocked him out for about 15 minutes. Never used any reversal on the blue tag line....

Comment

Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. We run hog dogs and had a good boar bayed in a fallen tree top. Fella shot him once with a 30-30. He busted out of the tree top and I watched a guy put three 44 mag bullets in his head as he ran by. He touched the barrel to the hogs head on the third shot. These weren't misses. All 3 shots connected. I was standing next to the guy shooting the pistol. The boar made it another 50 yards before giving up.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    This will get wacked and me sent to the cooler but my Ex was the toughest I ever saw. She could bleed for 7 days and not die.
                    ha ha ha.

I shot a coyote a couple of months ago and went up to it after the shot and took pictures. Went back to hunting for another hour and then drove the Mule to pick up the coyote. As I was pulling the Mule up to the coyote the danged thing jumped up and took off.

Comment

You don't shoot hogs in the forehead. Didn't your daddy teach you that??

They are also one of the few creatures to swerve away from in your vehicle cuz they'll flip you in a second.

Comment

I just pushed very slowly a nilgai newborn calf...tough little thing but I should have thrown it on the pit tonight

Comment

Many years ago I shot a large turtle with a 20 g shotgun and blew its head to mush. I put it in my backpack and kept on going. 20 minutes later I thought I got stuck with a thorn or something and I looked over my shoulder to see where he stuck his head through an opening in my backpack and was biting the thin little skin over my ribs. 20 gauges wasn't enough, 40 was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A beaver. Those things can really take a licking.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                              TX bowslaughter

Legend has it that he fought off two dudes with fighting styles in his own garage while half asleep then chased down their pickup on foot and slashed a tire with his hunting knife...

...but I didn't see it happen myself though so it may not count.
                              You win the internet. Fighting styles! Loved that one. Tongue still stuck in cheek.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
                                A beaver. Those things can really take a licking.
                                Drops mic walks off stage

Comment

Working...
                                X