Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    Simon Brothers in Roosevelt does I believe.

Gracias senor

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
      Gracias senor
      De nada

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        Is anyone around here in the MLD Program? I'm considering it but wondered about tag numbers for the area. I called the Biologist a few days ago and left a voicemail but she never called back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're MLD3 and tags have never been an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
          We're MLD3 and tags have never been an issue.

How many acres and how many tags?

Comment

2,400 acres. 14-16 doe tags. Bucks range from 8-16 tags.

Comment

To my understanding, the MLD program is completely ranch specific. There are a bunch of factors that go into it, such as range conditions, deer population, your overall management goals, etc. hope this helps BowSlayer.

On a side note, looks like they are predicting about 2" or so of rain in the area between Monday-Tuesday. The deer sure do need it....they are pretty run down after the rut and were still sucking down the feed when I was there last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
                To my understanding, the MLD program is completely ranch specific. There are a bunch of factors that go into it, such as range conditions, deer population, your overall management goals, etc. hope this helps BowSlayer.

On a side note, looks like they are predicting about 2" or so of rain in the area between Monday-Tuesday. The deer sure do need it....they are pretty run down after the rut and were still sucking down the feed when I was there last weekend.

Yes I've been involved with MLD for many years and yes it's property specific. I've just not been in the program for that area of the state. We really need to take out some deer, mostly bucks. I literally saw at least 10 bucks for every doe last season.

Comment

2,400 acres. 14-16 doe tags. Bucks range from 8-16 tags.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                    Yes I've been involved with MLD for many years and yes it's property specific. I've just not been in the program for that area of the state. We really need to take out some deer, mostly bucks. I literally saw at least 10 bucks for every doe last season.
                    I hear you. We have the opposite problem, too many does. If you go that route please post up how it goes. I'm interested to see how much it helps.

Comment

Do you turn down by the large Phillip 66 sign?

I'm surrounded by a few Whiteheads. Do you know the land owners first name?

Looks like we have a couple of new TBHers' close by.

Yes we do

Comment

Our place got about 1" of rain last night. Anyone else fare any better? I'm betting you guys north of town got a bit more.

Comment

1.4" reported at camp

Comment

My buddy with the forestry service said that parts of Sonora/junction saw some pretty decent rain. He's been hearing any where from 1-4 inches across the county. He got 2 1/3 inches at his place west of Sonora

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                              Does anyone deliver bulk corn protein in the area?

Simon brothers in Roosevelt Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody needing feeders filled PM me I get bulk local.

Comment

Working...
                                X