Archery Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
    Crossbows are legal in all of these counties.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The way I read the regs in the Outdoor Annual App, you are correct.

Used to not be that way

Of course that app has been known to be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      The way I read the regs in the Outdoor Annual App, you are correct.

Used to not be that way

Of course that app has been known to be wrong
      Off of TPWD website.

Comment

A high quality crossbow with a good trigger and a scope is is wickedly accurate out to 100 yds.If a person (man ,woman or child) can shoot a rifle accurately then they can shoot a crossbow.Very little skill or effort required other than cocking it. My guess for not allowing crossbows in certain counties is they would make ideal weapons for poachers from a vehicle.I never had a problem with them in the regular season but I do not think they have a place during the archery season in any county.

Comment

I don't see crossbows going away any time soon, since now it seems everyone has one since the market seems to be flooded with them.
          Went the other day to buy some arrows, and most of what was had were crossbow arrows.
          I know it was Academy, but that tells you something about what people want the most of.

Comment

I know that my great uncle switched to a cross bow after his shoulder surgery and arthritis for the main fact he couldn't pull back a bow anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
              Crossbows are kinda like a 9mm......most people that shoot them squat to pee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Testify !

Comment

What I find funny is a LOT of "archers" that slam a crossbow wound the heck out of deer. Opening day there were numerous "I need a tracking dog" posts. Hence a lot of the issues with a lot of landowners hating archery hunters. Traditional bows are harder than compounds. Compounds are harder than a crossbow. Its just the way it is. Theres a lot of folks that bowhunt exclusively that are awful at it. Wound a ton of deer. I don't have a single issue with a crossbow. Ive killed a bunch of animals with a compound. I am a hunter. Not a rifle hunter not a bowhunter. I hunt with whatever I choose to take with me that day. I think the comment made about traditional only is absolutely stupid. I do think crossbows should be allowed in those counties. There is a lot of money and politics that have went into keeping rifles out of those counties and Id wager that the same can be said about crossbows there too....

I don't care what a fella hunts with. So long as they are efficient at it and don't wound the heck out of animals.

Comment

So are they legal or not in Grayson, Collin, Dallas and Rockwall during the archery only season?

Comment

Crossbow

Important notice: Crossbows are lawful for any person during the Archery-Only Open Season in all counties except Collin, Dallas, Grayson and Rockwall counties, where no person may use a crossbow to hunt deer during the Archery-Only Open Season unless the person has an upper-limb disability and has in immediate possession a physician's statement that certifies the extent of the disability. An upper-limb disability is a permanent loss of the use of fingers, hand, or arm in a manner that renders the person incapable of using a longbow, compound bow, or recurved bow.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                      Crossbow

Important notice: Crossbows are lawful for any person during the Archery-Only Open Season in all counties except Collin, Dallas, Grayson and Rockwall counties, where no person may use a crossbow to hunt deer during the Archery-Only Open Season unless the person has an upper-limb disability and has in immediate possession a physician's statement that certifies the extent of the disability. An upper-limb disability is a permanent loss of the use of fingers, hand, or arm in a manner that renders the person incapable of using a longbow, compound bow, or recurved bow.
                      But you can shoot a crossbow in these counties once the month long bow only season closes and the regular season dates start even though these counties are archery only and no gun can be used?

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                        As I read the regulations, there are 4 "Archery Only" counties in Texas.
                        In all other counties, crossbows are considered "archery" equipment.
                        In the 4 "Archery Only" counties, crossbows are not allowed during the "Archery Season".
                        Explain the thinking behind this.
                        It could be a way to reduce the harvest in the archery only counties.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
                          Off of TPWD website.

Even TP&W has them separated from archery equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                            No Hate at all. My grandson has been killing deer and hogs with one since he was 5 years old. Hunting with him has been the high point of my life but they are not really bow hunting.
                            More like a single shot rifle

Comment

Grandpa thinks they are mighty fun.
                              This boy has killed a bunch of critters with the one I bought him.
                              He is still several years away from being able to draw a real bow.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	ivan2 - Copy - Copy.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	24514477

Comment

[ATTACH]877222[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X