Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
    Sounds like the juice to me. Careful how you go in and out and you’ll get him killed there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I spruced up what used to be an old dozer path from the last time it was cut so I won't touch or brush up against anything and leave scent. I even raked the fallen limbs and pine cones off the path so as not to make a bunch of racket walking. Unless somethings bedded nearby along the creek, which is a chance you take in east TX, I should be ok getting in and out. I was more worried about busting deer off the feeder.
    Last edited by Etxbuckman; 10-12-2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
      Thanks for asking, I wanted to but was hoping someone else would, now I feel bad and can't let you go down alone lol

Man, look at you! Good guy there. Taking the fall when you didn't have to!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Here is the deer i passed yesterday.. i was ten yds from him when that pic snapped. All my shooters were in in great shooting light thursday while the wind was wrong.
        How big and what size panels is that feeder pen if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          Man, look at you! Good guy there. Taking the fall when you didn't have to!

lol, working up brownie points so I can borrow your pooper [emoji28]
          Couldn't pull the trigger on the sling out house thingy [emoji23]

Comment

Pen

We had to start building feed pens to hand corn in, it was so discouraging feeding and the hogs cleaned it up in one night. We use 4 50 inch x16 ft panels cut in half. It’s a one time investment of 140. Or so. We were feeding the hogs that much every two weeks.no feeders. Just pour sacks of corn in the pen and your ready to go !!! Wade
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
              You pasted a buck with over 20pts? Fiddy must be special

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              He was crazy looking. i hope to get pics of him. It was pretty late and i actually thought he was a NT that i knew with a stick stuck across his horns. turned out to be some weird beam that went all the way across his spread and crossed the main beam on the other side. I might shoot him if he comes back so ii can get a better look. i really dont know how many points he had. I thought a bunch of them were part off a bush in his horns. he didnt have anything in his horns...
              pics please

Comment

I remember how this went last time.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                  pics please
                  please don't Rocky. You know how everyone feels about challenging one another for proof. Everyone seems to be enjoying this long-running dialogue in good faith alone. Please join us in that spirit. I hope I end up with egg on my face and made an incorrect assumption of your intent.

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                  I remember how this went last time.....

Me, too...

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                    please don't Rocky. You know how everyone feels about challenging one another for proof. Everyone seems to be enjoying this long-running dialogue in good faith alone. Please join us in that spirit. I hope I end up with egg on my face and made an incorrect assumption of your intent.

Me, too...
                    your assumptions are not incorrect, but I will respect your request and bow out.

Comment

your assumptions are not incorrect, but I will respect your request and bow out.
                      Thanks

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I wanted to say thank you as well. I have really enjoyed following this discussion and a comment like this is rare as hens teeth these days. Thank you again.

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by wade View Post
                            We had to start building feed pens to hand corn in, it was so discouraging feeding and the hogs cleaned it up in one night. We use 4 50 inch x16 ft panels cut in half. It’s a one time investment of 140. Or so. We were feeding the hogs that much every two weeks.no feeders. Just pour sacks of corn in the pen and your ready to go !!! Wade
                            I'm assuming T post how far apart was your spacing you haven't had problems with them try to root under it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wade View Post
                              I've been thinking of doing this myself. So basically you have a 16ft long panel that is 25" tall? Have you had any issues with bigger pigs trying to go over it?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                                How big and what size panels is that feeder pen if you don't mind me asking?
                                Its not a feeder pen. i started building hand corn pens. that one is 36x16 with hog panels. i cut the wire down to two ft in a spot that puts the deer broad side to the stand. So far no hog has gotten in. My most recent pens are only two ft tall and the deer jump in them much more readily. Hogs still have not tried to cross the wire even though they come and look in.

Im taking two cattle 16ft panels and splitting them down the middle. that makes a four sided pen 16x16

Comment

Working...
                                X