No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The game has changed. Just found and got on a little place here in Montgomery county 5 mins from the house. I went from zero hope of hunting to a pretty sweet little place right next to the house. Just put a camera up and dumped out 50lbs of golden nuggets and sprayed down with some killer niller. I'll go check it this time next week. Wish me luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
      The game has changed. Just found and got on a little place here in Montgomery county 5 mins from the house. I went from zero hope of hunting to a pretty sweet little place right next to the house. Just put a camera up and dumped out 50lbs of golden nuggets and sprayed down with some killer niller. I'll go check it this time next week. Wish me luck

Awesome. It's fun being that close to the house. Good luck!

Comment

I put my first camera out last week at the house in Harrison Co. Just the usual does for now. Need a little drying to get to my lease in Marion Co. Gobs of hogs last year and signs of them still around. Muscadines are getting close and they will drag them in.

Comment

Im in. Dad and a buddy of ours are out checking cameras as we speak. Hopefully have something good to post up this evening. Good luck to everyone this season.

Comment

Good to see another Montgomery County hunter in here. Lots of good bucks in the area.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

What happened to the lease(s) you were on? I remember a couple of years ago you killed like 3 or 4 wallhangers in one season.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                Good to see another Montgomery County hunter in here. Lots of good bucks in the area.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                Like many people I would LOVE to find a little place in Montgomery County to hunt (other than the SHNF) but I imagine it's about like finding a place in Brazos or Wharton counties

Comment

I am on 2nd. year in liberty co. just out side batson

Comment

[emoji102] some good looking moco beasts this year too lol

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      What happened to the lease(s) you were on? I remember a couple of years ago you killed like 3 or 4 wallhangers in one season.

Must have been someone else. I wish that was me. Lol. I've killed 1 nice buck in the last 10-15 years

Last edited by Pineywoodkiller; 08-18-2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        Like many people I would LOVE to find a little place in Montgomery County to hunt (other than the SHNF) but I imagine it's about like finding a place in Brazos or Wharton counties

RiceU leases some out around Magnolia.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                          [emoji102] some good looking moco beasts this year too lol

Where's your pics.......

Comment

Must have been someone else. I wish that was me. Lol. I've killed 1 nice buck in the last 10-15 years

Oh geez. Sorry. LOL Yeah now I'm wondering who in the world that was.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              Where's your pics.......

This is my number 1 for the year lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

This is my number 1 for the year lol.

Ive always wanted to line up 3 of them as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X