No announcement yet.

Deer Processing Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My neighbor, SwampRanger, put me on Pure Cajun in Winnie. Has the best prices, decent turnaround, and makes the best sausage. I used to use Maxwells in Crosby, but they are pretty high.

Comment

I know this is about processing deer in Texas but if you are in Colorado near Florissant, you need to try Clarks Processing. He does a great job. Done several elk and der for me.

Comment

Does anybody have any experience with Rick's Outpost on 380 between McKinney and Denton?

Comment

We are open in Goldthwaite. An hour and a half from Austin, but we'd love to process your deer for you.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            Thanks. What about the guy in Cherokee?

Here's the info for D&B in Cherokee. Turn around was less than a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used Whaley's too. But also like Wenzells in downtown Hamilton.

Comment

Harringtons in Winnie, Tx. Nothing has beat it yet and I've eaten A LOT of deer meat. Worth every penny.

Comment

I go to Beaver Creek Smoke House in Manvel,Tx. They are real close to me in sugar land and have great prices. They have always done a good job.

TY,
                  Nick

Comment

It's that time again.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                      If you're in Hunt County, Po Boys in Merritt is good. Used to be about $70 (more depending on what you order), done within a week. There is also a new(er) place at 66 and 549 in Rockwall that I've heard is ok. Not sure on the prices, haven't used them. Stay away from Gormans in Terrell. Horrible.
                      Po Boys are good people, I have know Steve for many years, and use to have the do all mine until I started my own, and they produce a great product.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                        Hudson's is pretty good. We occasionally bring a deer there for Italian, garlic, or Jalepeno Sausage. But processing your backstraps
                        Get one smoked and peppered. My God man. Amazing. Lol.

Brandon. Shannons in Cherokee has done 2 oryx and several whitetails for me. Antelope eggs. Get a bunch.

Comment

I usually keep back straps and tenderloins and have everything else ground into sausage.

Zummo's in Beaumont did one for me last year. They have a drop off / pick up location at the old Mimm's meats at I10 & Federal. Outstanding pan sausage.

B&W meat market on Shepherd has always done a great job.

Vincek's in East Bernard - outstanding pepper jack summer sausage normally - but had some made last year and it was not so good. Not sure they will get another chance.

Comment

Good info

TTT

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Get one smoked and peppered. My God man.

I think when I made that post was the last time I brought a deer in to be processed. Pretty much all DIY processing now and haven't looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                                Griffith in Burnet basic is $130, and then it goes from there, but he is second to none!! Millers in llano is pretty darn good also.
                                I have used Griffiths for many years,never disappointed

Comment

Working...
                                X