Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would go vortex as well

Comment

I have that same rifle with a Nikon Prostaff 3.5X14 and it has been a great combo.

Comment

I'd put a Leupold VX-3 on it, but for your budget it's hard to beat a Nikon Buckmaster II.
        Great caliber, btw. Many years of new mousetraps have not bested it for hunting just about anything in North America.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
          Look in the Cabelas pre black friday sales add, they have a Leopold vx2 4-12x40 for 249.00. They also have a Burris Mtac-30 4.5-14x42 for 249.00 or a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 for 349.00. All 3 would be great scopes for that caliber. Ammo wise my 25-06 likes the Federal 117 grain Sierra boat tail bullets. Have had great success with that ammo on deer and hogs.
          Ok, did y'all win at The Sonora game dinner? Let me guess, your number started with "302...."

The Burris Mtac 30 mentioned above is a heck of a deal and 10x's the scope the Vortex is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            Ok, did y'all win at The Sonora game dinner? Let me guess, your number started with "302...."

The Burris Mtac 30 mentioned above is a heck of a deal and 10x's the scope the Vortex is.

No we were at the mason game dinner lol but there was that guy in mason as well! Turkey won 3 guns and his wife won 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aqckdude View Post
              Youre welcomed to shout mine.
              No thanks, I already got one.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                No we were at the mason game dinner lol but there was that guy in mason as well! Turkey won 3 guns and his wife won 2!

Yep. My Ruger M77 25-06 likes the Federal Fusions "ok" (1.2" groups) and I hunt with them, but I expect better accuracy.

Comment

I find it amazing how different each individual gun is and how particular they are in regards to ammo. I have never really researched find and ammo because all the rifles I shot were hand me downs and this was already figured out. It is almost overwhelming lol but I am intrigued by it.

Comment

Any body have any experience with nikon monarch scopes?

Comment

Here you go. Good glass at a great price.

Or Vortex. I have turned into a Vortex Fanboy. They are on just about every gun I own.

Comment

I had a Nikon 4-12x40 on mine. For ammo I’ve had good luck with 100 gr core lokt, 100 gr Barnes ttsx, 117 gr hornady superformance sst

Comment

ok, so I went by the local outdoor shop(side note: I trust them based on my previous dealings and their scope guys personal background especially on this topic they also get all my archery business) they pointed me toward a Sightmark Core HX 3-12X56mm HDR scope. My goodness it was clear and I loved the reticle. After leaving the shop I got online and started looking for reviews, couldn't find any on this particular scope. On some optics forums I stumbled upon, the general view of Sightmark was less than stellar but they were 3-7 years dated. on some of the newer reviews I found from 2016 and 17 were glowing. Did sightmark up their game or should I stay away? Also seemed like a good amount of features for a 299.99 price point i.e. illuminated reticle, side focus. I haven't seen those features in my price point. Any input on this particular scope and company would be appreciated. thanks

Comment

I have 2 Nikon Monarch UFC scopes, one 1990s model, and one I bought about 10 years ago. The have been great scopes. Crisp and clear images in low light, with repeatable click adjustments. They are my go to scopes.

Comment

Working...
                            X