X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 25’ rows.

1 row of Kiowa - thorned
    1 row of Ouchita- thornless

Planted all by root cuttings 3 Years Ago.

Comment

Man they sure look healthy!! I ordered some root growth hormone stuff that I saw on one of the YouTube videos. Gonna try to propagate these from the cuttings I get. Hope mine turn out as good as yours did! These are primocane fruiting and thornless... We planted these from plants we got from Stark Brothers last spring, and we had berries all the way up to Thanksgiving last fall...

Comment

Not my best this year but its growing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Yessir, I'd say so!! What variety are those? Our Prime Ark Freedom berries are goin' nuts right now. New growth for this fall and next spring is nutz!! I've got to get out and prune them. Some of the canes are over 8 feet tall... Wife picked another 2 gallons yesterday and they're still blooming, lots of green 'uns and red 'uns too... gonna be ready to pick again come Saturday...

AND she ordered 24 more plants!!!
          What are you using to support them and guide them, a fence between the tposts or wire?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Man, I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this! I did make one error in that berry post. they are Prime Ark Freedom thornless blackberries. We got the plants from a couple different places, but now only get them from Stark Brothers:

Harvest berries with ease from thornless, upright canes. Primocanes fruit first, followed by a second crop on older canes. Fruit is large, firm, and...

They are more expensive than others, but their plants are VERY healthy. I set my rows up like TexasPrepper2 demonstrated on his YouTube channel. do a search and you'll find him. May also find him under TP2 as that's what he goes by...

Here are a few pics... We just planted these last spring, and they started to produce last fall. We picked berries and made a cobbler for Thanksgiving dinner dessert!! These things are going crazy right now. My wife picked another 2 gallon ziploc bag this week! They are so sweet, we could probably do a cobbler without adding sugar at all, though I have been putting sugar in them... They are heavenly with a bowl of Bluebell Homemade Vanilla too!

As you can see in the pics, the berries are huge! The new canes that are putting out now are over 7-8 foot tall! We are gonna try to cut them back so they'll branch out with laterals and root the cuttings. Wife just ordered enough to put in 2 more rows from Stark too. That little patch we have them in is about a 1/2 acre and she wants to put in enough rows of berries to cover that area...

[ATTACH]907756[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]907757[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]907758[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]907759[/ATTACH]
            Are these really sweet?

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
              What are you using to support them and guide them, a fence between the tposts or wire?
              Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
              Are these really sweet?
              I have 2 pairs of wires stretched down the t-posts with little spreaders in them so that the lower wires and upper wires are split about 6-8" apart and I try to get the main canes to run up between those wires. I'm going to have to re work them because my wires are stiff and the weight of the berries have pulled the wires/t-posts sort of together making a lot of slack in them. I will have to anchor the end posts so that I can tighten the wires to keep the slack out of them. The plants right now have so many berries on them that they have visibly pulled the t-posts inward toward each other!!

And sweet?? Yes ma'am they are sweet. The longer you leave them to ripen, the sweeter they are... You literally could make a cobbler and not have to add sugar to it.

Comment

Summer trimmed establishing grapevines yesterday. I decided to try my hand at cooking grape leaves for greens. Sauteed bacon, sausage, red onions and red wine in Dutch oven. The kids did good eating them. I really like the cruch and texture even after wilting.

Between having more babies and the weeds...my formal garden is not happening this year. I enjoy seeing yalls bounty and good looking gardens.
                Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Picked about a dozen ripe tomatoes and then picked some green and did a few jars of pickled green tomatoes. Should be good as-is or can take out, batter, and deep-fry for a combo of fries green tomatoes and fried pickles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Apparently, I bought some kind of round zucchini. Grows great.....

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
                      Apparently, I bought some kind of round zucchini. Grows great.....

cupcake squash maybe?

Comment

U dun grow'd a green punkin!

Comment

Target!!

Comment

I'm losing all my tomatoes to Mocking Birds. Just pecking holes through all of them. Gussing the only solution is some type of netting.. am i right? (not going to shoot a bunch of mockingbirds).

Comment

Anyone tried "scare tape" ?

Comment

Hang up red Christmas ornaments

Comment

Working...
                                X