No announcement yet.

Just venting/child supprt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughters daycare alone is $750/Month, I would think the cost of raising her far exceeds $1000/month. It is a tough pill to swallow if your ex has remarried and lives lavishly. I can see both sides of the argument here, hopefully this will make people on the brink of divorce think twice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
      So you have no problem telling your kid that it’s not his fault what mama did but you want to screw him over anyway? Can you video the lunch in the face he should give you?
      you and trump must get your facts from the same place

Comment

Never been divorced or paid child support but some of this stuff is ridiculous. Especially being forced to pay on children that are not yours.

I can definitely see how it doesn't sit well with folks to pay a ton of money in child support when it gets squandered instead of being spent on the child.

Comment

Child support is only for 50% of the support the child needs, the other 50% comes from the custodial parent. Unfortunately, that's not the way it works though. The stuff I posted earlier was only the minor stuff she's filed in the last year, I could fill up pages of this thread with the more major stuff. Every single thing she's ever filed (be it criminal or civil) gets thrown out, but no judge will touch her because "she's just confused and overwhelmed" by being a single mom.

Funny that paying for a kid that's not yours got brought up though, this exact situation happened last time I was in court. Guy found out the kid wasn't his, got the state to do a DNA test, test proved it wasn't his, state recommended his child support cease, Judge said nope. According to the judge, the child is the number one priority and so the guy will have to continue to pay until the mother informs the court of who the real dad is and then he starts paying child support. Anyone want to take a guess on how long it will take her to name the real dad?

Comment

Paid for 15 1/2 years. Paid for insurance and half the medical cost. Never got to claim him on income tax as a dependent even though it was supposed to be joint. She moved over 300 miles away, so every other Friday and Sunday either me or my wife would fight Houston traffic to meet halfway, which I drove further by 40 miles.
            One thing not brought up was that even though child support is paid and a lot agree that it doesn't take $1000 or more to raise a child, what is forgotten is that the person paying child support also has to have all the things the child needs when they stay. House, car, bed, toys, clothes, shoes, etc... My ex would send my son down in old clothes and shoes that were usually two sizes too small. I would bring a change of clothes and shoes just so he could be comfortable and wouldn't look the way he did.
            Karma got her, though. Less than two years after I was done with paying, her new spouse got a phone call to take a DNA test. Yep it was his, six years old. Now they have to drive two hours the opposite direction every other week for 12 more years along with CS payments.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              google that...it very well might happen
              Several stories where non bio parent is paying for kids
              Yeah, but the deal is, she already had this kid before her and my son even met.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Child Support in Texas is so lop sided. I pay $1500 child support + 100% of her Health Insurance and 1/2 of medical and 1/2 of Tutoring. All added up it comes out to about $2000.00 a month. No way in hell does it cost that much to raise 1 child in Burnet County that attends public school.
                All of those bills should be covered by the child support, but that’s just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                  All of those bills should be covered by the child support, but that’s just my opinion
                  Yeah, court doesn't agree though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brinkley View Post
                    So what would an itemized list look like? I am not trying to start trouble here. I help raise two of my children by sending their mom money every month as well. Far more than anyone on here has mentioned. I think it is fair and have no problem doing so. We do not even have it court ordered. We left the court out of everything except the legal divorce papers. We have worked everything else out since. Here is what I would expect to see if she was to send me an itemized list
                    Rent = $1,200/3 in the house (my two kids and her) = $400 per person
                    Utilities/cable etc.. = $300/3 = $100 a kid
                    Groceries = $450/3 = $150 a kid
                    Transportation $450 car payment and insurance/ use for school and activities say .57cents a mile (irs number) 500 miles a month for both kids (school, sports ect...) $285 for both kids.
                    This does not include cell phones, clothes, sports, etc..
                    Total here would be $1,585 a month for two kids.

Not saying this is high or low, just what I figure it takes my ex based on what I feel she probably pays for. If she goes and gets her hair done or goes on a vacation does not matter as it is not in the base cost or needs of my kids.
                    I am a former child support payer. Just needed to get that out of the way.

Corrections to the above need to be made.

Rent $0.00 as she needs a place to live anyways so that shouldn't be figured in. If she can't afford a place to live, then she doesn't need custody of the child.

Utilities $0.00 she needs utilities regardless of whether she has custody or not.

Groceries $150

Transportation $0.00 she needs transportation anyways.

Cell phones are not a necessity.

The recipient of child support should have to submit receipts for everything the child support money is used for. If this was the case, I would bet that there would be a lot less vacation destinations on the recipients list.

Comment

My brother just got divorced and they went 50/50 custody. This made it so that he didn't have to give child support.

Best thing since his ex is a total pot-head and is worthless when it comes to handling finances.

Comment

As a payer, the biggest frustration is the lack of recourse should there be a change in employment or income. Once an oder is processed, that amount is static until.it can be changed. The AG offices can deduct from your check/income with the click of a few buttons to ensure payments continue, but trying to get this altered should there be a drop in income requires going back to court and the delays and costs that represents.

The systems and percentages that are used to calculate child support are fair in the eyes of the recipient and OAG until some thing changes, then those same systems and percentages seem to be no longer acceptable in the event of a decrease in income.

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                          I agree.

Comment

I'm going to add my rant here, the AG are crooks!

I have been paying Child support for over 13 years on my daughter. Never missed a payment. 5 years in my ex moved from one county to another and had the case transfer. This caused the new county and AG to do an audit of what I paid. I started receiving letters lots of letters stating I was 30 and 40 thousand dollars behind in child support. I called and was told to ignore the letters they didn't include what was paid while in another county. On asking why they would send the letters then, I got no answer. A few weeks later I was called into HR office at work. Seems the same letters had been sent to my employer. I was in the financial field and this is major red flag. I had to explain the whole matter otherwise I was facing termination.

Months went by once "their" audit was complete, It was somehow they found that I had missed 200 of payments many years back. I asked how that could be since they pull the funds out of my check and the website showed me up to date. There is no talking with these people and they are the law only option is to get a lawyer and pay even more. This 200 was now 900. I explained that a few years prior my ex and I had gone back to court and that in the case we had agreed neither of us owed any back support. I was promptly told that was family court this is the Attorney General what they rule is has no bearing. I had two choices: Fight wit a lawyer over $900 bucks, or they told me if my ex would write a letter stating I was up to date they would remove if from my account. I paid the $900.

Fast forward 4 year, my daughter decides to live with me, I was $1,400 a month and insurance. My ex negotiates that she only pay $150 a month in support, that I keep insurance on my daughter and she pay for the portion related to my daughter. I'm happy to have my daughter and the 1,400 I was paying a month so not really complaining other than they way the papers must be written it's a set value for insurance. We all know insurance goes up each year. So each year I have to take her to court or threaten to take her to court to get the insurance portion she owes. I can guarantee if I were the mother in this situation I would not have to do all this fighting to get the little she pays. Not huge money, and save it all for my daughter later anyway.

Last thing it's unfair that the custodial parent gets the tax deduction for the child AND gets CS tax free. I was paying almost 17K a year in CS and another 5K in taxes on the money. She paid nothing in tax on this money as income and then got to claim the child as a dependent. The system treats all fathers as deadbeats, and sucks all they can from them. There are many out there who have great relationships with their children and are involved in their lives. Last thing what gives the AG a right to keep a dollar of funds I pay in CS for my child. This is a government institution that is funded by tax dollars. you want to protect and make sure the kids are taken care of. Give all the funds paid to the custodial parent. Don't skim amounts off the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwoods View Post
                              I'm going to add my rant here, the AG are crooks!

I have been paying Child support for over 13 years on my daughter. Never missed a payment. 5 years in my ex moved from one county to another and had the case transfer. This caused the new county and AG to do an audit of what I paid. I started receiving letters lots of letters stating I was 30 and 40 thousand dollars behind in child support. I called and was told to ignore the letters they didn't include what was paid while in another county. On asking why they would send the letters then, I got no answer. A few weeks later I was called into HR office at work. Seems the same letters had been sent to my employer. I was in the financial field and this is major red flag. I had to explain the whole matter otherwise I was facing termination.

Months went by once "their" audit was complete, It was somehow they found that I had missed 200 of payments many years back. I asked how that could be since they pull the funds out of my check and the website showed me up to date. There is no talking with these people and they are the law only option is to get a lawyer and pay even more. This 200 was now 900. I explained that a few years prior my ex and I had gone back to court and that in the case we had agreed neither of us owed any back support. I was promptly told that was family court this is the Attorney General what they rule is has no bearing. I had two choices: Fight wit a lawyer over $900 bucks, or they told me if my ex would write a letter stating I was up to date they would remove if from my account. I paid the $900.

Fast forward 4 year, my daughter decides to live with me, I was $1,400 a month and insurance. My ex negotiates that she only pay $150 a month in support, that I keep insurance on my daughter and she pay for the portion related to my daughter. I'm happy to have my daughter and the 1,400 I was paying a month so not really complaining other than they way the papers must be written it's a set value for insurance. We all know insurance goes up each year. So each year I have to take her to court or threaten to take her to court to get the insurance portion she owes. I can guarantee if I were the mother in this situation I would not have to do all this fighting to get the little she pays. Not huge money, and save it all for my daughter later anyway.

Last thing it's unfair that the custodial parent gets the tax deduction for the child AND gets CS tax free. I was paying almost 17K a year in CS and another 5K in taxes on the money. She paid nothing in tax on this money as income and then got to claim the child as a dependent. The system treats all fathers as deadbeats, and sucks all they can from them. There are many out there who have great relationships with their children and are involved in their lives. Last thing what gives the AG a right to keep a dollar of funds I pay in CS for my child. This is a government institution that is funded by tax dollars. you want to protect and make sure the kids are taken care of. Give all the funds paid to the custodial parent. Don't skim amounts off the top.
                              Had the same experience, except the AG actually took more than 25k from my account and also garnished my wages for three months until a judge finally ordered them to stop. I was not behind a single cent and I've yet to see any of that money paid back from them. They gave the money to my sons mother so now it's her responsibility to pay it back, but of course since the state dispensed it to her they can not legally compel her to repay it. I've asked multiple times how the system could say I was behind when the state takes the money before I ever see it, yet I've never received an answer.

I also don't understand why the individual who pays child support has to pay for court costs when the other parent is the one who asked for the hearing and then never showed up.

Comment

I feel for you guys, Im raising my stepson along with my wife and she gets a whopping $40 every two weeks. She dont even keep up with the balance on that card. Forget about it and every now and then buy pizza or something with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X