No announcement yet.

Just venting/child supprt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid for sixteen years. The ex told me it wasn't for kids, but money I owed to her.

Comment

"Get bitter or get better...life isn't fair..."

Be a man for your children, your children are your legacy after you are no more...and remember if your ex-partner didn't listen to you, make good decisions, etc when you were with her, what makes you think she will now, lmao!

Comment

My sister was sued and lost by the father of her oldest son for child support. She's a total loser and didn't have a dime to give him, but it can go both ways.

Comment

Been married forever. Raised two kids. My wife gets my whole check every month. 1k a month a bargain

Comment

As a divorced dad many years ago, my kids are all grown with families of there own now, I would give anything to be a divorce court judge. Because I've lived it, there would be some p****d off women who had wished they had thought twice before deciding divorce was the best option.

Comment

If anyone has a son 13 or older he needs to read these threads. Hopefully it'll keep them from making these same mistakes.

Comment

Texas’ family code, chapter 161, states that even if one is not the biological father, they still owe support payments that accrued before the paternity test proves otherwise. In Cornejo’s case, that amounts to some $65,000.
                That's just stupid.

So some chick can just say, "Hey this is your kid, now pay me $$$ a month?" Even though it's not your kid?

An insane person wrote that law.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                  That's just stupid.
                  Agree. Especially if the woman never let him in on the secret. Amounts to theft by deception in every other case besides paternity.

Comment

I'm starting to re-think the whole idea of having kids out of marriage. Some of these #s and figures would make me have to live on the street and take public transportation to afford child support.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                      I'm starting to re-think the whole idea of having kids out of marriage. Some of these #s and figures would make me have to live on the street and take public transportation to afford child support.
                      I don't think it matters if you are married with kids or not. Child Support is going to apply.

Comment

I have felt for a long time that in many cases, child support is more or less ex-spouce support. There is no way that a kid should cost the other parent (typically the man) $1000-1500/mo. As stared earlier, mom should be responsible for her half so double that number. Yeah, that’s total BS. I am not divorced and making child support payments thank god.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                          I have felt for a long time that in many cases, child support is more or less ex-spouce support. There is no way that a kid should cost the other parent (typically the man) $1000-1500/mo. As stared earlier, mom should be responsible for her half so double that number. Yeah, that’s total BS. I am not divorced and making child support payments thank god.
                          I agree 100%. Another kick in the nuts the ex-wifes income sources aren't even taken into consideration. At the time of my Divorce ex was making close $80k a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
                            Been married forever. Raised two kids. My wife gets my whole check every month. 1k a month a bargain
                            Good point, but they don't get to see their kids like they should. I feel for ya'll the system twisted. Just gotta be there for the kids and it will all work out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
                              As a divorced dad many years ago, my kids are all grown with families of there own now, I would give anything to be a divorce court judge. Because I've lived it, there would be some p****d off women who had wished they had thought twice before deciding divorce was the best option.
                              the sad part is the law incentivizes it.

Comment

Just venting/child supprt

At least make it tax deductible. I can’t claim it and the ex doesn’t have to claim it as income. You can deduct gambling losses and alimony for Pete’s sake. I’m lucky, the ex and
                                I live a few miles apart , and I can see my kids whenever I want. We don’t have a schedule. If she has plans with them, they stay with her and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X