No announcement yet.

My 2017 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and I checked my cameras (which I wasn't gonna put out) on the way home today...and this was going on at my popup here while I was gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang the luck.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep that's the way it works !

Comment

Well....I'm about to hop in the shower and then head to the blind. I'm shooting my new bow well so I'm gonna take it. I'm hunting the pop up where that buck in the pic was, because it's all I have for this SE wind. It's gonna be hot. With that said I also had some does and a spike coming in right at dark last week, so I'm not hunting that buck specifically. I'll shoot a doe for sure, and may shoot that spike too, but he's young so I'm not 100% sure. But I am trying to get my first trad deer so....he better not give me a lot of time to think on it if I see him.

Comment

Every deer with a bow is a trophy. Especially a trad bow.

Comment

Yep let her fly ! You can always work on your management strategies after you get one down.

Comment

Well I wish I had something excited to report...but I don't. I may be able to get another hunt in Monday, and it should be a little cooler then so we'll see.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Dang the luck.

Comment

I won’t get to hunt again until Monday morning...but it’s supposed to be cold. This guy is getting to be regular in the mornings. He’s not huge but he’s a legal buck and decent for our lease. He may end up in a bind.

Comment

Hopefully u can get a crack at him!

I'm definitely ready for some colder weather!

Comment

Good luck Ryan!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck Ryan! I ain't figured out how you can "pile up" that corn, bait, whatever it is, without it being "pig central"!! And like I told ya earlier, I start the 1st one of my "huntcations" Monday, and I'm ready for this cool weather too! I've been huntin hard in this hot mess, and I'm ready for some cool breeze! Good luck brother! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I hunted this morning, and probably got out too early at about 8:45, but I'm frustrated from not seeing anything. I got all my feeders filled and sprayed wasps again in my box stands, and moved some cameras around. This evening I'm taking my shotgun and hitting the creek bottom to kill some squirrels. I'm not throwing in the towel on bow hunting yet, but as slow as it's been, I'm taking a break for sure. Still have another trip to First Point next month, but other than that unless things change significantly here in the next couple weeks I'm switching to the boomstick and filling tags.

Comment

^ unfortunately a self injury has caused me to do the same. Boom stick in two weeks, drawing a bow right now feels like I'm being pulled into.
                                Be it rifle or arrow, venison in the freezer is hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X