No announcement yet.

Interview with victim of Wyoming bear attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still way to much speculation and ad lib to the story to fit a certain narrative.
    Most likely the horses were tied to a high line that's typically what's done when you have horses and you're off of them you don't just let them graze or wander off they are your ride out of there.
    Some of these quarterbacks don’t possess the rugged qualities of Big Wonderful Wyoming and shouldn't venture beyond their true comfort zones.

Comment

Not taking any sides on this at all cause there are numerous differing stories on the event but I do have experience of hunting and fishing in brown/grizzly bear country and have had close encounters several times but never charged and pray I never am in that situation whether it’s a false charge or real charge.

Something to think about is no matter how bear aware or experienced you are, when a predator as big as a bear wants you as their food or sees you as a true threat to them, there is no stopping it, it is what it is, you’re in their world and not at the top of the food chain anymore. If you can some how take out their central nervous system or get lucky enough to get away, you or the bear is losing its life When SHTF, thats the only outcomes. With that said, it’s an awful thing this happened and prayers up for all those involved in the tragic situation.

Comment

I believe every word of the survivor's story.

If he were to make up a story it wouldn't iikely involve him being a coward and fleeing the scene.

Comment

The horses were tied away from the carcass.
          Grizz go for the head while black bears go for the guts. Not sure why but it' been stated many times about bear attacks.

I know one GW in on the sow taking. The facts they stated are the way it happened. The bear is at the lab in Laramie for genetic testing. Those guys know their bears and if they say they got the right ones , they did.

Come on up all you brave guys. I'm staying out of grizz country till we get a hunting season. Call me a scaredy cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I don't recall reading anything (other than here, where I've seen it mentioned multiple times) about the bears pulling either man from their horses.

Can somebody share a link?
            Is that the link you're looking for Michael?

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
              I believe every word of the survivor's story.

If he were to make up a story it wouldn't iikely involve him being a coward and fleeing the scene.
              Good point!

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                Thats the point of why you have the conversation, before the poop hits the fan.

The guide and his client were it some remote areas, they rode horseback in, and werent hunting. What did they talk about during the ride in, were they in silence, that would have been a good time to talk about strategy, maybe go over how a pistol works, maybe tell the guide you dont know how to operate a pistol.

I dont go out with a lot of hunting guides, but I do fish a lot with guides. At the dock, on the ride out, when you are rigging up, while you are fishing, all they do is talk strategy. As they should.

Another analogy. I SCUBA dive, it is pretty much entirely based off of the buddy system. Before going in the water, you go over everything with your buddy, your dive master, the guy in the boat, the dive plan, the oh poop plan, hand signals. Pretty much the first rule of SCUBA is, dont leave your buddy.
                I think we agree, and we would ask the same questions if the guide didn't inform us. Bottom line is, Florida guy didn't ask, and Guide didn't tell, and it turned out bad.

Comment

Boldly do men talk from a distance.

~Heitharvega Saga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                    Is that the link you're looking for Michael?
                    No, that's the article I quoted from, and seems to have the most recent and reliable info. I'm just curious where the people that have posted about either rider being pulled off a horse's back are getting that information from. Has it been mentioned in an article or is it just speculation (or misinterpretation)?
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

No, that's the article I quoted from, and seems to have the most recent and reliable info. I'm just curious where the people that have posted about either rider being pulled off a horse's back are getting that information from. Has it been mentioned in an article or is it just speculation (or misinterpretation)?
                      I believe that was misinterpretation from one of the early articles that was posted...

Maybe from this part of the second article in the first post.

"Chubon's father, who was on the trip but did not go with the two to get the animal, said he was told the two men were pulling the elk's carcass out of the woods on horseback when two bears attacked."
                      Last edited by nursejenn; 09-21-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I don't recall reading anything (other than here, where I've seen it mentioned multiple times) about the bears pulling either man from their horses.

Can somebody share a link?
                        Michael, here ya go: https://www.ammoland.com/2018/09/bea...#axzz5RkgJ7x5e

Chubon's father made some statements early on that were apparently incorrect.

"According to his father, Chubon was grabbed by the ankles and tossed off of his horse. Chubon was able to point a pistol at the bear, but the animal knocked it out of his hands. Uptain was grabbed by the same bear and dragged into the woods, the station reported."
                        Last edited by Burnadell; 09-21-2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I know you're new around here, but I believe the correct term is "pulling it out of their ***", sir. If they don't have all the facts, they'll just make them up.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            i know you're new around here, young fella, but i believe the correct term is "pulling it out of their ***", sir. If they don't have all the facts, they'll just make them up.:d

fify

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                              I believe that was misinterpretation from one of the early articles that was posted...

Maybe from this part of the second article in the first post.

"Chubon's father, who was on the trip but did not go with the two to get the animal, said he was told the two men were pulling the elk's carcass out of the woods on horseback when two bears attacked."
                              Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              Michael, here ya go: https://www.ammoland.com/2018/09/bea...#axzz5RkgJ7x5e

Chubon's father made some statements early on that were apparently incorrect.

"According to his father, Chubon was grabbed by the ankles and tossed off of his horse. Chubon was able to point a pistol at the bear, but the animal knocked it out of his hands. Uptain was grabbed by the same bear and dragged into the woods, the station reported."
                              Ah. I guess once the misinformation is out there it's hard to make it go away.
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                fify
                                Well of course....everyone is a "young fella" when you're making the determination.

Comment

Working...
                                X