No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The blood tracking looks like it would be a challenge should I shot a fixed broadhead Iv got a few DRT’s and magnus stingers or should I shoot a mechanical Iv got 2 blade NAP bloodrunners or rages And I’m shooting 70lbs at 30 inch draw right around 280 FPS, 485 grain arrow (that’s includeing a 100 grain broadhead)

Comment

Originally posted by HunterT View Post
      The blood tracking looks like it would be a challenge should I shot a fixed broadhead Iv got a few DRT’s and magnus stingers or should I shoot a mechanical Iv got 2 blade NAP bloodrunners or rages And I’m shooting 70lbs at 30 inch draw right around 280 FPS, 485 grain arrow (that’s includeing a 100 grain broadhead)
      All on your preference people shoot both I don't like swhacker I'm the woods loose to many rubber bands

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

The blood tracking on these hogs (as I have learned) is a complete sonofabitch. Out of the 8 hogs I have shot I have only found 3. When you gut them, compare the heart/lung/liver volume to the gut volume. It's insane, there is probably 5-8x gut as their is real vitals. I am learning the hard way not to take "hopeful" shots because they barely bleed, so you really need them to just die right there. I had one which the arrow hit the shoulder stop about 500 yards from the shot, roll around in the dirt until the arrow snapped, and then disappear with the broadhead.

You can sneak up a lot closer than you would think when they are feeding or rooting around. I have gotten busted between 20-30yds a couple times but if the wind is good you can sometimes just sneak right up to them once they start feeding. If you hear them grunting or squealing it is the best because they are more focused and making their own noise at that point. Also smell will give you away more than sight (I had a hog at 25 yards see me, grunt at me, then go back to eating) so when I started I used a little smoke-puffer to check the wind direction.

Comment

Is it any good hunting between gates 6 and 7

Comment

In the Briar patches there is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks for the Info Schultz1503 Il be at the spot on the map u sent ,early Sunday morning if anyone else is hunting then I’d love to tag along
              Last edited by HunterT; 02-27-2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

thanks for the Info Schultz1503 Il be at the spot on the map u sent ,early Sunday morning if anyone else is hunting then I’d love to tag along

Yw bro go early it gets crowded on weekends good luck

Comment

this map posting is getting ridiculous. if you are new to granger go scout it.

Comment

Too many hunters. The hog numbers are way down lately. It's going to get harder and harder to kill a pig out there. And I will call BS on anyone who says they breed so fast that it's not a concern.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                      Too many hunters. The hog numbers are way down lately. It's going to get harder and harder to kill a pig out there. And I will call BS on anyone who says they breed so fast that it's not a concern.

They breed so fast it's not a concern...

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post

[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                          BS, lol

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                            BS, lol

I will agree is overcrowded of hunters i myself I never hunt on the weekends because that’s when everybody’s off I’m retired so I don’t work and I’ve had a lot more success in hunting game on Granger on the weekdays it’s common sense you have way too many hunters on the weekend you’re going to scare them off way too many people way too much noise your not gonna have as success much as if you will Hunt on a weekday unless u have a secret honeyspot which we all are trying to find [emoji23][emoji1417]

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
                              I will agree is overcrowded of hunters i myself I never hunt on the weekends because that’s when everybody’s off I’m retired so I don’t work and I’ve had a lot more success in hunting game on Granger on the weekdays it’s common sense you have way too many hunters on the weekend you’re going to scare them off way too many people way too much noise your not gonna have as success much as if you will Hunt on a weekday unless u have a secret honeyspot which we all are trying to find [emoji23][emoji1417]

Unfortunately most of the honey holes have been mapped out on this thread. Time to find some new places apparently.

Comment

I totally agree on that one there can only be a certain amount of honey holes

Comment

Working...
                                X