Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do we do? He's 5. Hard to let him walk...but I want to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
    So if they are not native, what are they? Everything is native to something, what are these offspring, certainly not introduced, they are born of parents that are native, they were born on your place, they can be nothing but native.
    Where’s a house cat native to?

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
      Where’s a house cat native to?
      I rather you just answer my question, but I doubt you will, look up the definition on native, before replying. On second thought don't bother, I got a plate af fried shrimp and a bottle of Weller 12 waiting in me, I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
        I rather you just answer my question, but I doubt you will, look up the definition on native, before replying. On second thought don't bother, I got a plate af fried shrimp and a bottle of Weller 12 waiting in me, I'm out.
        I guess you could call them native to your DMP pen.

100% DMP Native.

I’d go for that. Lol

Comment

If you are deciding who breeds who and increasing an individual bucks influence on your herd by large magnitudes... and then breeding back as is so often the case, it’s a breeding program and you have gone away from native.

You can’t breed deer and be 100% native. You can have 100% Texas genetics, but you aren’t native anymore.
          This X1000

Comment

I don’t decide who gets to breed and my deer have to earn their right to breed in a natural setting competing with other deer. Stop grasping it doesn’t make any sense.

A DMP is a Permit to breed deer.

I can kill deer and let deer live, but I can’t line breed does back to their fathers and brothers.

Calling 4000 acres a breeder pen is pretty funny.
            How is culling bucks not deciding who gets to breed? If hes dead he can't breed.

4000 acres isn't a pen, buts possible to influence the genetics through culling.

Yal had great genetics from the start and have done a great job. not knocking yal fantastic buck and best of luck with the property. Im out

Comment

Beautiful buck Encinal! Thank you for sharing! Can’t wait to see what he does next year.

Comment

Awesome Deer Marko. He's a True Special South Texas Giant.

Comment

That is incredible. I may have missed it, but are you considering taking him now or letting him walk again?

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                    That is incredible. I may have missed it, but are you considering taking him now or letting him walk again?
                    Think we are letting him ride minus some unforeseen event.

Comment

I look forward to this same conversation next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Think we are letting him ride minus some unforeseen event.
                        Didn't you ask the question of wether to shoot or not last year? We all knew the answer and what you were going to do. Terrific buck. Look forward to the updates next year.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                          Didn't you ask the question of wether to shoot or not last year? We all knew the answer and what you were going to do. Terrific buck. Look forward to the updates next year.
                          I’ve never had a conundrum like that. When our first big big deer were 5 we never really thought about it because letting them live was just what we were supposed to do... now that I know how many deer die... as pretty as he was last year... it was an actual question.

So was this year... but this year... after last year... wasn’t as big a question since we are one more year down.

Comment

You have got a lot to choose from...walk him.

Comment

Great Deer Marko. He is definitely some thing special and unique. Look forward to seeing how he looks n st year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
                                God I love that "Red Dirt"... Nice Buck too
                                X2
                                That's exactly what I said to myself when I was watching that drone video.

Comment

Working...
                                X