No announcement yet.

Things to do in Boston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to Boston last October, watched the Stros at Fenway. Loved Fenway, neat ball park, and the Stros won. Fans heckled us a bit, but wasn’t bad at all. There is also a neat museum not too far from Fenway we went to in between the tour we took of Fenway and when the game started.

We did the Freedom Trail, Paul Reveres House, Fenuiel Hall (sp), walked the north end. Giacamo’s was our favorite Italian Food place, awesome food. But, they have two locations and the one on the north end is normally packed and doesn’t take reservations. We went to the other location and it was awesome good. Also, most of those places are cash only. So take lots of cash.

Union Oyster House was another favorite place to eat. Awesome clam chowder. Oysters were obviously good as well.

Sam Adams Oktoberfest was available when we were there, I can’t even begin to think how much of that we drank, but it was a good beer.

Comment

Visit the USS Constitution

Comment

Posting just so I can find it later. Boston is next on the list for me

Comment

We did Boston at the first of June. The Park Plaza was a great location.

Fenway is a must. My favorite ballpark

Breakfast - Stephane’s on Newbury

Go get a hot Lobster roll at Neptune’s. Go mid afternoon and get your name on list for a snack before dinner. They will call you when they have a spot for you. Plenty of places to grab drinks while you wait like Bell in Hand Tavern.

Eat Italian in the North End. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. Our favorite.

I think about this dish daily. Lobster Ravioli

Day trip to Martha’s Vineyard. We spent all of our time in Edgartown.

Mad Martha’s Ice Cream

1st ever Vineyard Vines store (main reason we went).

Mikes Pastry..... go to Harvard Square as there less wait and you get to see Harvard

Warren Tavern... George Washington and Paul Revere drank here

We are already planning a trip back.

Comment

A stroll through the Boston Common, the oldest city park in the U.S. It's a portion of the Freedom Trail. More Fenway Park!

Comment

Dunkin doughnuts is trying out doughnut fries. Boston only.

Comment

-The Bell in Hand Tavern...is the oldest bar in the US. Esb.1795 I think.
                -Patriots Tour is free and a cool outdoor option
                -Yankee Lobster Eatery (bisque, crab cakes, lobster rolls, etc)
                -On your way to Paul Reveres house, get lost in little Italy and eat at pretty much any of the pasta or sandwich places and youll not be disappointed.

Just an FYI parking is ridiculous expensive, I would plan it out to use public transportation whenever possible. Subway system easy, reliable, and cheap.

Comment

We used Uber the whole time to get from place to place.

Comment

We drove our daughter out there for her freshman year at Harvard last fall. Traffic is horrendous! Parking fees are worse. The cool thing about Boston is that there is just so much history you would have a hard time ever seeing it all! The same is true of the good places to eat.

I enjoy boat watching so I spent several hours one day just doing that at the harbor by the aquarium. They have whale watching tours that leave from there also.

I learned the hard way that very few places out east accept Discover Card. Makes for an interesting trip when that is your only credit card!

Comment

Was there last year to watch a game. Fenway just has a different atmosphere than any park loved it. The only thing I wish was we had more time to enjoy the city, we where there for one day then off to NY for a week.

Comment

Working...
                      X