Things to do in Boston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do in Boston?

The girlfriend and I are headed to Boston on sat. morning for the week. The main reason for the trip is to catch a few ballgames while the Rangers are in town. Since we will have some free time to kill I was wondering if there are any "must do's" or "must see's" while we are there?

North End for Italian.
    No Name has good seafood.
    Ye Old Oyster House is the oldest restaurant.
    Faneuil Hall
    Harvard Square

I’m up there Mon - Wed.

Comment

Pahhhk a cahhhh!

Comment

Find you some clam chowder! If for no other reason than to say you’ve had it!

Comment

Go to Cheers and sit in Norm’s chair!

Comment

Eat Italian in the North End
            Galleria Umberto for a great cheap lunch
            Neptune Oyster for lobster rolls and raw bar (go off peak)
            Bleacher Bar before the game
            Freedom Trail
            Eat more Italian in the North End

Comment

Walk the Sam Adams trail if you are looking for a good day drunk.

Comment

The pier
                Harvard Square
                Walk the River
                Granary Burial ground...…….all 5 that were killed in the Boston Massacare are buried together there!
                Tons of incredible historical markers!
                Traffic is crappy but it is a neat trip.

Comment

Thanks for all the recommendations! Gonna have to try a few of those restaurants for sure. I do love some day drankin! We are staying two blocks away from Fenway so we can walk to the stadium. I've heard the traffic there is horrible so hopefully we wont have to ride too far to enjoy the sites.

Comment

I went back in 2012 to see a rangers game at Fenway. Below is the thread. A lot of people gave me good suggestions.

Last edited by Boomstick; 07-05-2018, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I went last year. Caught a Stros v Red Sox game. If you’re a baseball fan doesn’t matter who is playing it’s an amazing ballpark to watch a game at and a piece of baseball history. We did the duck tour which was actually pretty good. Other than that we just walked around the city and ate a bunch. There are a ton of amazing restaurants so we would just pick a neighborhood and get an Uber there then grab a plate and a couple drinks at a spot and move on throughout the night. Was a good way to see different areas.

I wish we would have done the Sam Adams tour but wife was newly pregnant so I opted out since she couldn’t participate.

Comment

If you like early US history, go to the Old North Church.

Comment

My Wife, daughter and myself are going in August. So following along

Comment

Wear ear plugs so you don’t have to hear those people talk? That’s what I’d do.

Comment

Just made it to Bar Harbor tonight, from Niagara Falls. I’ll probably be in Boston in a few days.

Comment

Working...
                              X