No announcement yet.

2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why all the disappointment? We knew they were going to suck....and they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
      Why all the disappointment? We knew they were going to suck....and they do.

Because the Rays should suck more.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        bannister must believe in him.....he's still out there.
        leadership!

Comment

Matt Moore gets out of the first w/o giving up a run. Rangers AAA lineup scores runs in each of the first two innings. Up 2 - 0 in second. Progress.

Comment

Moore hanging tough through 4. Nice.

Comment

Curious to know what our thoughts are about shuttling Gallo from first to left field during the week. For however long it may last. Do we think it will mess him up?

I'm also wondering if the grand plan is to nurse Gallo through this year and let him be the next full time third baseman? If Beltre' is traded Gallo could move to third later this year. If not, Gallo slides over next year. If Guzman produces, he's at first moving forward? Just wondering.

On yet another note: I read where Willie Calhoun was carping about being sent to Round Rock. Says he proved all he can prove about his hitting at AAA. Hey Willie, just a suggestion, learn to catch, throw, and mix in a salad. Jeez.

Comment

Is Beltre's contract up after this year or is he signed further out?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  Is Beltre's contract up after this year or is he signed further out?

Signed a 2 year 36mil ext. in 2016. Free after this year.

Comment

Great outing by Moore....or is it just the Rays suck as bad as we do?

Comment

Haha...Gomez just tried to throw AB out at first on a single to right and there was a little friendly exchange among the ex teammates.

Comment

Nice night by Moore. Hopefully he can repeat it...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Believe?

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                            Curious to know what our thoughts are about shuttling Gallo from first to left field during the week. For however long it may last. Do we think it will mess him up?

I'm also wondering if the grand plan is to nurse Gallo through this year and let him be the next full time third baseman? If Beltre' is traded Gallo could move to third later this year. If not, Gallo slides over next year. If Guzman produces, he's at first moving forward? Just wondering.

On yet another note: I read where Willie Calhoun was carping about being sent to Round Rock. Says he proved all he can prove about his hitting at AAA. Hey Willie, just a suggestion, learn to catch, throw, and mix in a salad. Jeez.

He's out there because of injury. From what I understand he and Guzman are close friends, and he was happy to move to make room.

This season is a wash, I don't see what it could hurt.

Comment

Hopefully Moore found something he can carry forward and it wasn't just a fluke being back in Tampa. Nice to see IKF and Guzman producing. This year is all about developing young talent.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post

from what i have read, you are right. they are grooming guzman for 1st and are preparing gallo for 3rd when beltre gets traded in a couple months. like dale said, injuries have just sped up the process.

i agree this year is about developing young talent and am fine with that, but it makes it tough for me to watch choo playing every day. his contract has pretty much made him untradeable and unbenchable, and its a shame.

another shame is that there isnt anyone in AAA chomping at the bit to get up here to take his spot. willie can hit but he is horrible in the OF, so until he gets that worked out he will continue where he is.

other than willie we dont have a OF prospect predicted to be called up before 2021, leody tavares

maybe a beltre/hamels deal in july will help the farm system out.

Comment

Working...
                                X