Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure washers.....Electric versus Gas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressure washers.....Electric versus Gas.

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
    I'll counter this. I have a DeWalt 3,400 unit and it's been great. Uses Honda GX motor (really good motor).

With proper maintenance they'll run a long time. Problem is people just put them up for months on end without maintaining and things corrode and clog up. Not saying that's what happened to the one you borrowed, but I have nothing but good things to say about the DeWalt I own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Curt’s was brand new, had only been used 1 time and that was by him to pressure wash his lake house. It could have just been a bad one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
      Curt’s was brand new, had only been used 1 time and that was by him to pressure wash his lake house. It could have just been a bad one.

Dang, if all proper fluids were put in when he bought it, I for sure would have been on the phone with DeWalt or wherever he bought it from. They're not cheap units. Hope he got it figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
        Dang, if all proper fluids were put in when he bought it, I for sure would have been on the phone with DeWalt or wherever he bought it from. They're not cheap units. Hope he got it figured out.

He was supposed to take it back to Home Depot, it was only a few months old. Pretty sure the pump locked up.

Comment

I bought an electric one. Figured it was easier for my wife to use when I wasn't home.

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
            What hose did you buy?

It's the threaded fittings that are proprietary. They are something like 1mm smaller or larger than standard, so off the shelf hoses leak. The hose that comes on the unit is frustratingly short. Since adding this extension, it's awesome. I have plenty to walk around a piece of equipment.

I bought everything off of Amazon.

Washer: https://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX4001-E...n+joe+spx+4001

This is the foam cannon: https://www.amazon.com/DUSICHIN-SFL-...ds=foam+cannon

Turbo nozzle: https://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX-TSN-3...s=turbo+nozzle

Comment

I bought an AR Blue electric pressure washer 2-3 years ago and will never go back to gas operated. I use mine the same way you use yours around the house (porches, patios, washing vehicles, etc) and it is perfect.

AR Blue Clean is a line of best-in-class electric pressure washers. Whether you are a casual, experienced, or advanced user the AR Blue Clean line has you covered. Go out and wash something !

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Ever take a hot shower?
                Gas Hot water heater.. So all the time..

And my Water Heater does not have an extension cord running along side of my water hose.

And for the record. Yes I have had an electric one. And with the newer Gas ones. I will never have anything but a gas one

Comment

Bought this one a few months back after it was recommended. No throttle, not primer, nada. Never had to pull it more than three times. Idles down when you aren't spraying.

Shop Troy-Bilt 3100 PSI 2.5-Gallons Cold Water Gas at Lowe's.com. This unit is quiet, up to 40 percent quieter than a standard pressure washer when the spray trigger is released. The idle down feature provides reduced noise,

Comment

I have this electric PW from Amaozn and it works like a charm. Extremely powerful in my opinion.

https://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX3000-P.../dp/B00CPGMUXW

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Thanks for the link Axe man...

Thanks for the reply bob......which unit are you using?
                      I really can't recall right now - it is a mid-range cost option from Lowe's. As it was my first electric, I did not want to splurge for the most expensive, nor did I want the absolute cheapest. I'll try to take look when I get home this evening.

Comment

Nice job! I'm interested in your experience and opinion. I built something like that, and I did not buy a water heater. What hot water heater would you choose from this list https://www.newtanklesswaterheaters.com/ ?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                          Bought this one a few months back after it was recommended. No throttle, not primer, nada. Never had to pull it more than three times. Idles down when you aren't spraying.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Troy-Bilt-3...ARB/1000178199
                          They all idle when not spray or at least they should. Mine did for 17-18 years but I was told it was not good on the gas models pump to let it idle for more than 20-30 seconds without water moving. Just a FYI..

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                          I have this electric PW from Amaozn and it works like a charm. Extremely powerful in my opinion.

https://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX3000-P.../dp/B00CPGMUXW

I haven't made my purchase but I am seriously leaning towards this one because it gets such great reviews and takes up so little space. I was also looking at the Harbor freight Portland version but it seems to have a lot of plastic connections parts. Not bad reviews at all though for $77 with a coupon though.

Comment

Good Lort just pick one. My wife buys shoes faster than this. [emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                              Good Lort just pick one. My wife buys shoes faster than this. [emoji2]
                              Unfortunately she did the same with her husband choice..

Comment

Working...
                              X