Pope and Young and sight lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    If you shoot one that qualifies and want to enter it just don't mention the light. Very simple in my book.
    You'll need an affidavit from someone who was hunting with you to swear to it being killed with no elec devices. Could not enter my bear from last yr due to me using a Nocturnal nock on my arrow.
    Last edited by Txbhunter1; 08-07-2012, 06:00 AM.

Comment

A world record would be subject to a lie detector at the least. Even Chuck Adams had a hard time getting in the club. Remember P&Y is just that A CLUB not a public institution, their club their rules.

Comment

SCI... Just sayin.

P&Y

No sight lights
        No lighted nocks
        No broadheads under 70 grains
        No total arrow weight under 300 grains
        No arrows shorter than 20"
        If you are over 65% let off you get an * by your name

Then there is the fact that i had a P&Y Official tell me while I was a member that and I quote "Killing a deer with a compound shouldnt even be considered an accomplishment".

They can have there club. Record Books are not why I hunt anyway. And yes i have some deer that will make their minimum and past their stupid little rules. I chose not to enter them.
        Last edited by JW; 08-07-2012, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          SCI... Just sayin.

Did you get my PM?

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post

Did you get my PM?
            Just now. I'll return it.

Comment

If asked by a P&Y scorer, especially a panel of scorers in the event of a possible World Record, you would have to lie.
              If you were to tell the truth, the animal would be disqualified.
              Integrity is the issue here, even if some scorers simply refuse to interrogate the hunter on his submission to the club.
              Well then it really would not be worth being in the club in the first place.
              Not that I ever personally cared about any " club "
              The one deer I have ever killed that would qualify to the minimums ( as I understand them) was the first animal I ever killed with my recurve bow.
              And with rules like this one as well as deductions in scoring are all reasons why this club and the other big club will never be a true representation of the real animals killed

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Well then it really would not be worth being in the club in the first place.
                Not that I ever personally cared about any " club "
                The one deer I have ever killed that would qualify to the minimums ( as I understand them) was the first animal I ever killed with my recurve bow.
                And with rules like this one as well as deductions in scoring are all reasons why this club and the other big club will never be a true representation of the real animals killed
                I can appreciate your disagreement, but the P&Y and B&C clubs have set the standards, by which deer are measured.
                For those that disagree with these standards, there are other clubs with different, more lax standards.

Comment

I can appreciate your disagreement, but the P&Y and B&C clubs have set the standards, by which deer are measured.
                  For those that disagree with these standards, there are other clubs with different, more lax standards.
                  SCI. No net scores! Only Gross! Which is what they grew. Beyond me why anyone would deduct from a whitetail anyway with the umpteen million different ways they can grow.

Comment

What happens if your hunting alone and you do not have any wittness and you lay the smack down on a 130" buck? Do you have to have a wittness? So on any hunting show, were there using a lighted nock and shoot a booner, they sometimes show at the end of the recovery of the deer the score. I have seen them say boone and crockett 170". Is that just after they score it and they just say it is a boone and crockett or pope & young?
                    Last edited by wlfhound27; 08-07-2012, 06:46 AM.

Comment

the idea behind registering an animal in the p&y registry is to get recognition for killing a special animal following the rules laid down by the powers that be at p&y. they have made the recent concession to technology by including the asterisk. it is refreshing to see a club that hasn't acquiesced to the pc standards several seem to call for and hold to their beliefs. if cheating and lying to get your trophy recognized as recommended earlier is necessary, why do it at all?

Comment

How does a "lighted nock" improve your chances? why would this be considered "against" old school when to me it fits in the "creative" category.
                        all it does is help the hunter follow the arrow, after the shot (mainly for film in my book). it's not like it's a tracer round helping the next arrow find the spot......

Comment

Originally posted by wassaw View Post
                          How does a "lighted nock" improve your chances? why would this be considered "against" old school when to me it fits in the "creative" category.
                          all it does is help the hunter follow the arrow, after the shot (mainly for film in my book). it's not like it's a tracer round helping the next arrow find the spot......
                          It doesn't. But it does give you a competitive advantage. Imagine this scenario. You and I are 40 yards apart in seperate tree stands. It is the last part of legal shooting light and a deer that would easily make book comes out between us. I have no light on my sight, but you do. You will have the ability to see your pin and shoot the animal, where as I would not.

I look at it like corking a bat, or shaving a carbon bat, or any other equipment rule for a fishing tournament. To keep all levels of competition equal some have to be limited.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                            It doesn't. But it does give you a competitive advantage. Imagine this scenario. You and I are 40 yards apart in seperate tree stands. It is the last part of legal shooting light and a deer that would easily make book comes out between us. I have no light on my sight, but you do. You will have the ability to see your pin and shoot the animal, where as I would not.

I look at it like corking a bat, or shaving a carbon bat, or any other equipment rule for a fishing tournament. To keep all levels of competition equal some have to be limited.
                            I don't believe your example applies to his question. He was referring to a lighted nock, not a lighted sight.

Comment

Ok. Same concept of competitive advantage applies. With a lighted nock, and no pass through, then the hunter has the advantage of using the nock to assist in finding the animal either dead or alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                                SCI. No net scores! Only Gross! Which is what they grew. Beyond me why anyone would deduct from a whitetail anyway with the umpteen million different ways they can grow.
                                i couldn't agree more. my net scores are how many inches i can measure.

Comment

Working...
                                X