Beer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonights menu...

Got some beef ribs, sausage and a few bombers to try out tonight.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
      Got some beef ribs, sausage and a few bombers to try out tonight.
      How was that st arnolds?

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
        How was that st arnolds?
        If you have not had a beer that's sour or tart it's a good intro to those types. Imagine a wheat beet with a touch of lemon sour profile.

Comment

Guess I'm officially confused as to the whole beer aging thing now. Didn't know age was such a factor with some. Can someone expand on this for us beer laymen?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
            Guess I'm officially confused as to the whole beer aging thing now. Didn't know age was such a factor with some. Can someone expand on this for us beer laymen?
            Some beers are meant to be drank fresh such as IPA/DIPA. Some beers mature and get better with time such as Trappists ales, stouts, barleywines and bourbon barrel aged beers. The hops will fade quickly so drink fresh. Some bourbon barrel beers are hot, aka the bourbon over powers the beer, and aging it will let the bourbon flavors Mello and three base beer will shine through. Some beers change flavors as they mature just like wine.

Edit....The brewery Deschutes actually puts best after dates on some of their seasonal release beers.

Comment

I love all the st Arnold's for the most part. This is pretty tasty also Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418170786.883281.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	24350706

Comment

Karbach Yule Shoot Your Eye Out is on the menu for tonight.

Comment

I've been trying a lot of craft beers in the past two weeks. Especially since I just finished finals on Tuesday. So far, I really like all the Rahr & Sons beers I've drank. Their blonder beer is the best blonde I've ever drank so far.

I've also come to the conclusion that these craft beers have led to many a drunk, late nights! Good night/morning GS

Comment

Never tried some of this stuff, good do it now

Comment

Tried the Bearded Eel Hopposebly IPA last night. Not bad.. a 70 IBU.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another batch of Irish Stout is fermenting...

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post

Very nice!

Comment

Ok, with all of you beer experts assembled, maybe someone can help me. I have tried all the "common" beers and find them nasty as heck! They have all tasted the same to me, bitter,sour just plain nasty. Is there any such thing as a beer with "real" taste/flavor? Would appreciate any input.

Comment

I like just about anything from Rogue Brewery. Chipotle Ale and fajitas on the menu for tonight.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418344398.869469.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	24350946

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post

Lookin good Michael. Keep an eye on it. Last stout I brewed landed my airlock into the ceiling (batch still turned out good). I now run a blow off style system.

Mainly because getting yeast off of the ceiling of the living room is hard and my wife never lets me forget when she finds a spot i missed cleaning

Comment

Working...
                                X