Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.5 low 30's

Comment

Wow thats one FAT Buck there! i'd say he's anywhere between 6 to 7.5 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        After adding him up, I got 134, on an 85" frame. It looks fairly compact but the pics could be deceiving. I assume he is on the hit list this year?
        Well he would be on the hit list but this is a new ranch that has never been hunted so we were given very few buck tags-relative to the acreage. As it stands right now he would be considered a "trophy" and there is no one who will shoot him as a "trophy". Sooooo, I do believe this old timer will get to live out his life in fine fashion. Honestly, he probably isn't doing any harm other than one more mouth to feed. Pretty sure his sparking days are over!

Comment

im gonna say 6-7 years old - still too "young" looking through the features to call him an "old grey" - im saying 140s on the bone

Comment

That's a big body deer.

Comment

Here is a close up of his antlers. We have a lot of those extra brow kickers on the northern part of the ranch it seems.
              Attached Files

Comment

Old as heck and I'm saying upper 120's....
                Would like to see those who are saying high 140's and up to post some measurements so I could compare

Edit: after that last picture I can see the junk around his browtine and I'll say low 130's

Double Edit: 129 is my final prediction
                Last edited by 150class; 10-17-2013, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Old as heck and I'm saying upper 120's....
                  Would like to see those who are saying high 140's and up to post some measurements so I could compare

Edit: after that last picture I can see the junk around his browtine and I'll say low 130's

Double Edit: 129 is my final prediction
                  You know after seeing this last pic and being able to see it on my PC vs my phone like last night I am going to have to adjust my numbers down to 133-135ish

Comment

Originally posted by finz View Post
                    You know after seeing this last pic and being able to see it on my PC vs my phone like last night I am going to have to adjust my numbers down to 133-135ish
                    Yea I just re-did my figures and came up with low '30's. Who knows. Either way, more than likely he won't get shot this year. Just a good one to debate. Appreciate all the replies.

Comment

Goog luck to yall,hope you get a giant..

Comment

His gut is as big as mine! And I'm 47 so he's about that....an old fart!!

Comment

Last picture. This is the one I was looking for when I posted that last close up. Just found it on my iPad. I have seen two other deer with these genetics.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                            Last picture. This is the one I was looking for when I posted that last close up. Just found it on my iPad. I have seen two other deer with these genetics.
                            Very cool...

Comment

7.5 plus on age and 140-144 IMO. He is a shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Jac View Post
                                Great deer to post up for debate. He very well could be a 10yr as it looks like his snout/head has already started to shrink up and look young again. I see a mid 130 class buck without adding him up.
                                Agree in all the above...big fat belly, kinda young face look, loose skin, thin antlers, sure signs of an old deer he might be 7 or 8 years old... bet he was great 3 years ago I would say he`s something around 130`s now

Comment

Working...
                                X