No announcement yet.

Shoulder pain question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a partial tear if supersponatus (so?)... (rotator cuff)

You ain’t a star fish so it won’t grow back but you can do rehabilitation and build supporting muscles (it’s slow and it sucks, took me about 6 weeks). And you will have use but not full strength obviously

It’s a bandaid until the inevitable... a rebuild kit is in our future

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      You have a partial tear if supersponatus (so?)... (rotator cuff)

You ain’t a star fish so it won’t grow back but you can do rehabilitation and build supporting muscles (it’s slow and it sucks, took me about 6 weeks). And you will have use but not full strength obviously

It’s a bandaid until the inevitable... a rebuild kit is in our future
      figures.. fml..

Comment

Probably gonna have to get it fix. Did mine a few years ago And tore bicep. Light duty for almost 3 months and no side jobs. If it not a busy money making time for you go get it fixed. I lived with mine and adjusted schedule. Sorry brother

Comment

I have had a torn rotator cuff, and what you describe is what my was like,,, (I also tore mine in a fight, and yes I won) DO NOT let the insurance company ( if you have it) make you waste time and money on therapy if it is a torn cuff,,, recovery after the surgery is no fun at all but is the only thing that will fix the tear,,, and it will come back or just continue to get worse ,,,,,, the younger you are at surgery the faster you will recover,,, so don't put it off a few years thinking it will be ok.....

Comment

I had the same pain about 2 months ago and went to the doc and he told me since I still had most of my range of movement and pain was tolerable that it was most likely a slight tear in cuff. I was told to let it rest for a few months and see how it gets. I shot my bows the other night for the first time and the pain wasn't there so I think it is getting better but I'm not going to over do it for awhile.

Comment

Post hoc ergo propter hoc. :-)

You have impingement demonstrated by symptomatology when you raise your arm. There are numerous causes and given that you didn't notice anything for several days following the fight, the symptoms may not even be attributable to the fight. If symptoms continue you may want to see a doctor, but many here will tell you to rub some diatomaceous earth on it and get back out there and fight again! :-)

Comment

Sounds exactly like the issues I had with a labrum tear. The surgery is not bad but the physical therapy took a while after. For me, it took going to too surgeons to get the right diagnosis after the MRI. One said surgery would not help and the other said surgery was the only option. I had dealt with it for so long I just took the plunge and the surgery fixed up all the pain. The surgeon said my shoulder was worse than the MRI and exam let on, I ended up with several anchors, etc.

My MRI was done without contrast and the DR. indicated the diagnoses could have been easier if it had been done with contrast. Keep that in mind if a DR orders an MRI, you may want to ask them what they are ordering. I have had another MRI with contrast, my brain for tinnitus/slight hearing loss, and it seems they get both scans done at one time. Basically, contrast is introduced halfway through the scan.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                  http://justice1.dentoncounty.com/Pub...ilingID=338970

^^ notice the shiny things on the left side of his head? thats hospital jewelry, aka staples.

I bet that was Juan. My buddy who owns the place he robbed again sent me the mugshot.

Good job.

Comment

Make sure you go into work and file from the injury if you haven’t. Also I would t goto an ortho. Goto one that just does shoulders. Go to your ER and ask some of the nurses you know who the best shoulder guy is. I have 4 anchors in my shoulder and I can’t even notice I ever had it done
                    Last edited by glen; 09-19-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                      I bet that was Juan. My buddy who owns the place he robbed again sent me the mugshot.

Good job.

Appreciate the feedback fellas.. guess it's finally time to see the ol quack

Comment

I had similar pain. I swore it had to be rotator cuff......
                        Turns out I attempted to dislocate my shoulder when I fell in Colorado last year. They put me on some strong anti-inflammatory and PT.

Comment

Does it hurt if you raise your arm up straight out in front of you vs straight out to the side. it could be a bone spur. I had that. Outpatient surgery to remove the slur and a couple of weeks of rehab. Good to go.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

If you had torn a labrum or rotator cuff in a fight it would have hurt right then. You likely strained a muscle that supports your shoulder joint and now the joint is not functioning as normal. More than likely the more you move it the worse it’s going to get until the muscle are back at full function.

I would highly recommend you seek out someone who specializes in testing all of the musculature in your area before you go do anything else that’s likely to complicate matters.

If you’d like a referral I’d be glad to point you to someone in the Dallas area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like someone should write a song "I'm not as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was". lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stykbow View Post
                                Seems like someone should write a song "I'm not as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was". lol

I love that song!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X