Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has traditional archery become hypocritical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Retsbew View Post
    I don't think one's opinion should be restricted or measured by where they come from, live, how old they are or anything else that begs the question of what the heck that kind of thing has to do with the specific topic of conversation. Doing so deflects from the discussion and tends to promote defense strategies at a personal level (human nature), and no good comes of that.
    I had a feeling you were going to take the "Are you from Texas" and MEB's "How old are you" questions the wrong way.

No... your opinion by no means should be restricted by where you are from...

But come on.... you sound like a fairly well read/educated guy... you have to know that where you are from... how long you have lived... where you have traveled makes a big difference in your opinion and more importantly your perspective that forms it. Your opinions are formed by your perspective and your perspective is shaped by where you live, what you listen to, and how old you are. Equally as important, the perspective of the audience will drive how well your question/message is received.

Comment

I killed 5 deer this season with a bow. 2 with trad bows and the other three with a compound. I don't feel like a hypocrite and I don't feel like a saint. I do feel like a man who's family will eat well and had a good time getting there. I'm glad there are discussions like this. Makes me look inside and learn more about me. I felt bad about having to switch to the compound this season. Between this converation and Bisch's issue I feel better about the choice I had to make. In the end they were all bow kills. And to me that's always a good thing.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I only asked your age because during the 50’s before compounds there were rests, stabilizers, metal risers, sights etc.

I’ve only been doing this Trad stuff for 42 yrs so I’m still learning.

Comment

In answer to you original question, archers have been having these same conversations for over 60 years that I know of. The really only difference is we now have compounds and crossbows to include in the topic.

So no, I don't think so.

JC

Comment

Working...
          X