Charged with murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Evidently you have to be shot at before you can defend yourself. Sounds like both of these folks were idiots.
    Yup. It's easy to second-guess now that we know more but I would venture to say any number of us would have reacted the same way.

Comment

Evidently you have to be shot at before you can defend yourself. Sounds like both of these folks were idiots.
      Here is my take, the suspect had at point blank range already drawn down on the guys face and the guy had not even cleared his hands from behind his back (for whatever reason he was doing that for). You don't have to wait for him to shoot at you but you better make sure there is at least an object of some sort in his hand. If you already have your sights on his face at point blank and you cant wait to see if the guy has a gun or was just scratching his ***..............

Comment

Sorry for their families. Who cares about them. They both allowed too much testosterone, pride and fear kill both of them. Yes both, the one going to prison might as well be dead.

Comment

There's no such thing as an argument anymore. Tough situation!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter4l1fe View Post
            From the article.

"...The suspect, who has a handgun license, told police he thought Smith was reaching for a gun when he shot him, the news release said."
            Sorry, skipped over the license part. Thought it said handgun only. My bad.

Comment

He must not have been listening during the "non-violent dispute resolution" portion of the LTC class... Same as road rage - don't be any part of it - especially if you are carrying... Goodness Sakes!!! This is horrible.
              Last edited by BowDude; 01-18-2017, 03:13 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

He's screwed,

Comment

Its sad.. I hate door dings with a passion which is why I park in BFE, but to get in a heated argument that leads to one shooting the other is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude View Post
                    He must not have been listening during the "non-violent dispute resolution" portion of the LTC class... Same as road rage - don't be any part of it - especially if you are carrying... Goodness Sakes!!! This is horrible.
                    Exactly. How does the state weed out the applicants? Just as some shouldn't reproduce, some shouldn't carry.

Comment

Sad deal for sure. Lots of lives affected over something of little value.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        Here is my take, the suspect had at point blank range already drawn down on the guys face and the guy had not even cleared his hands from behind his back (for whatever reason he was doing that for). You don't have to wait for him to shoot at you but you better make sure there is at least an object of some sort in his hand. If you already have your sights on his face at point blank and you cant wait to see if the guy has a gun or was just scratching his ***..............
                        Don't get me wrong....I'm all for defending yourself. The fact that it escalated to the point of each guy threatening they have guns is just stupid. Over a door ding.

Comment

Our best friends daughter works at that Kroger. She had to leave her car overnight while it was being investigated.

Comment

Don't get me wrong....I'm all for defending yourself. The fact that it escalated to the point of each guy threatening they have guns is just stupid. Over a door ding.
                            I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              I was just talking about that the other day and we were wondering what became of that? What did he receive?

2 yrs later and still no trial. Next hearing is 2/20/17

Comment

Exactly.

I never understood how people can get that worked up over something so petty.

I had a guy punch out my truck window at our trailer park in rockport because he didn't like my driving. Came very close to the same outcome but having a clear head and calming the idiot down saved his life and possibly mine too.

Comment

Working...
                                X