Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
    [ATTACH]921256[/ATTACH]

Hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
      [ATTACH]921256[/ATTACH]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I'm will be signing up this week. I going to go with the AARP Plan G and the AARP part D. If this doesn't work out I'll change next time.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
          From the physician side
          Medicare a&b with aarp supplement is easiest and taken by most all hospitals and all doctors that take Medicare products

Stay away from Humana. Cheaper but not covered in a lot of areas. A lot of docs don’t take it.
          Is there an alternative to AARP? I just cannot make myself spend money with those anti-gun, libtards...

Comment

Aetna has a good one as well

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Is there an alternative to AARP? I just cannot make myself spend money with those anti-gun, libtards...
              I’m the same Slick. The Signa brochure I got looks mighty good it I’d like to hear from someone that has it.

Comment

With all the responses...just ONE thing you better research...GAP...when you have med's you MUST take each month, Medicare will ONLY pay a certain amount then you hit the dreaded GAP. What that means, at least for me, I have to pay $5K (48% Medicare still in effect) out of pocket then I "qualify" for coverage (they call is Cathastrophic then no charge for prescriptions) the remainder of the year (until it starts over the 1st day of January.) Medicare will NOT tell you about this and your pharmacy?CVS for me will SHOCK YOUR POCKETBOOK when they tell you your Lantis Insulin is now $308 and Januvia is $160 per month until you reach the $5K max??? Oh, I also have United Healthcare as my supplement to help, but NOT much help with meds when you are in the GAP!!

DO your research and if you have a personal insurance agent, ask them who they recommend that have expertise in "supplement" health insurance??!! My company insurance was MUCH better than what I worked for all my life now....retirement and Medicare?? Such a RIP OFF, but better than nothing....good luck brother and I can only pray your health is ok...cause what YOU paid in for your lifetime is discounted when you reach that magic age! Don't trust again..what you are told by the government....research, research, research and make an informed choice!!

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                  With all the responses...just ONE thing you better research...GAP...when you have med's you MUST take each month, Medicare will ONLY pay a certain amount then you hit the dreaded GAP. What that means, at least for me, I have to pay $5K (48% Medicare still in effect) out of pocket then I "qualify" for coverage (they call is Cathastrophic then no charge for prescriptions) the remainder of the year (until it starts over the 1st day of January.) Medicare will NOT tell you about this and your pharmacy?CVS for me will SHOCK YOUR POCKETBOOK when they tell you your Lantis Insulin is now $308 and Januvia is $160 per month until you reach the $5K max??? Oh, I also have United Healthcare as my supplement to help, but NOT much help with meds when you are in the GAP!!

DO your research and if you have a personal insurance agent, ask them who they recommend that have expertise in "supplement" health insurance??!! My company insurance was MUCH better than what I worked for all my life now....retirement and Medicare?? Such a RIP OFF, but better than nothing....good luck brother and I can only pray your health is ok...cause what YOU paid in for your lifetime is discounted when you reach that magic age! Don't trust again..what you are told by the government....research, research, research and make an informed choice!!
                  The gap... In right now also. Blue Cross second best policy - wife $5000.00 Me $5000.00
                  They allow around 2k each in Dr visits and meds and then throw down on the gap. $160.00 Dr visits. $500.00 tests. $360.00 for medicine this week.
                  Changing next year.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                    I'm going to get A and B for sure, just wondering about additional coverages and which company y'all went with. I have a brochure from Signa showing some great eye, ear, and dental coverage and want to compare with others.
                    Before you trip the trigger, try Humana. That's what I have. Used to have Signa, and it was fine, but Humana is much cheaper for the same coverage. I've never paid a penny for my everyday meds, all generic, and I get 90 days worth at a time. I have zero complaints with either Medicare or Humana. Medicare is the only thing that government got right ! (But they still didn't ask me if I wanted to participate)

Comment

I will be going on Medicare December 1. I am staying away from any "advantage plan". These plans look attractive, but can end up costing you a lot of money. I am going original Medicare Part A, Part B, Medigap Part G thru Mutual of Omaha, and Part D for prescriptions. I have not chosen my part D carrier yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I turned 65 in June. I've been getting so much mail telling me what I need to do, it is making my head hurt worse than it usually does. So far I have put off making any decision because my employer insurance (I still work full time) told me I don't have to do anything. I too am confused and looking for guidance. Getting old sucks but it's better than the alternative.

Comment

Yea, I'm still full time at work too and it is covered 100% by the company so I ain't doin' none of this gubment crap until I have to. I enjoy my work, get paid well, I'm healthy and as long as the Lord blesses me that way, I'll keep working for Him in whatever I do.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Look into AMAC, this is the alternative to AARP!!!

Comment

it's tough,and the direct mail is crazy! .. we have 350 clients we take through open enrollment every year. There is no difference in premiums from having an agent navigate plans for you.. or picking the plans yourself. Some basic guidelines:
                              •Medicare is better and cheaper than most (all) employer health plans ( yay, upgrade)
                              •Get a F or a G supplement during your initial enrollment period, they are guaranteed issue, if you wait they are medically underwritten and you may not qualify. (Some conditions)
                              •F or G, always increase in premium, know this going in. If you can't afford it day 1, it will get tougher later.
                              •Because they are medically underwritten after the guaranteed issue period, it's maybe unlikely you'll ever switch F or G plan providers.
                              •Part D is disposable and can change annually (during enrollment) , it depends on your prescription drugs, and a thing called Drug ID
                              Shoot a pm if yall have any questions, I can get you pointed in the right direction, there can be several moving pieces!

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate all the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                X