Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultralight 28 Nosler from Alamo Precision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!

Maybe one day when I grow up!

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
      That's awesome! I'm going to have to have y'all build me a rifle one of these days, maybe if I ever graduate college
      stay in college grasshopper …. the real world sucks donkey balls

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

I hated college so much I skipped the whole thin[emoji23]

Comment

College....the best, 4....5....6yrs of your life. Real world

Comment

Man....so true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How does she shoot? I’m thinking of joining the ultralight build they are offering TBH folks. I’m also leaning to the 28 Nosler but don’t really care to get beat up every time i shoot it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Then you should think about a 7RM. It's a tried and true work horse that will push a 180 grain vld boolet to 2900 and beyond. Some have reached 3k but that would likely be the top end and not every rifle will perform at that speed.

If you look at a ballistic chart, a 180 vld at 2900 has elk killin power to 800 yards give or take.

Comment

Oh my

Comment

So does the muzzlebrake just screw off so you can use a suppressor?

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                      So does the muzzlebrake just screw off so you can use a suppressor?
                      Yes

Comment

I have a ultra light 28 Nosler, not an APR but carbon stock, and carbon barrel. Believe it is 6.5 lb before scope. It has a radial brake and recoil is not bad at all. id say somewhere between 243 and 7-08.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          I have a ultra light 28 Nosler, not an APR but carbon stock, and carbon barrel. Believe it is 6.5 lb before scope. It has a radial brake and recoil is not bad at all. id say somewhere between 243 and 7-08.

Thanks, that’s good to hear. I’m really leaning that way with your answer. Do you have a reliable ammo source?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

No. IMO there is no such thing as a reliable ammo source for 28 Nosler except maybe Gunwerks at $125 per box. Hornady announced probably 6 or 8 months ago they were going to start producing 28 Nosler ammo in there precision hunter line and it just now is available. Midway says they have it in stock. But it's only the 162 grain which IMO the best thing about the 28 Nosler is shooting a heavy bullet 175+ grain with the higher BC. Nosler makes some ammo but it is also very hard to find even to order online. Gunwerks makes there own using Berger bullets and a few friends of mine shoots it as it is really the only reliable source but it's $125 for a box of $20. I reload for mine but even finding brass is Like finding a unicorn. I do think it is getting better though. For a long time Nosler was the only source for brass, and all I use still. Then Bertram started producing it and now Hornady is making it. Brass alone is almost $3 a piece. If you are planning to get a 28 I would highly recommend loading your own or plan on spending $125 per box for the Gunwerks ammo. Either way I would start buying brass or ammo now or you may find your self with a rifle you can't even shoot.

Don't want to discourage you, the 28 Nosler is an absolute HAMMER! I have taken several animals with mine and seen others take many others and not one animal has taken a step. Friend of mine shot a huge mule deer at over 1000 yards and it dropped like a sac of potatoes. I will say I think it is overkill for deer size game except on a trophy hunt that you don't want to take any chances and aren't too worried about meat loss. It creates HUGE wound channels that destroys a lot of meat.
                            Last edited by ColinR; 12-30-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Dallas reloads can load it for you. Buy 100 rounds and keep your brass

Comment

Amen CB, don't rush it.

Comment

Working...
                                X