Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin’s Equity Office wants to change name of the city

LINK - Cannot Make this Up/

Yep, the city was named after a racist. Gotta change it.

An equity officer? Geez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Austin’s Equity Office wants to change name of the city

And to be fair. The last 2 street name changes were opposed by a majority that lived along those routes. The city did it anyway.

-------------------------------
      Violence never settles anything
      -Genghis Kahn
      Last edited by Stoof; 07-29-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

That sounds like a pretty Austin thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Give an inch and they take a mile

Comment

Ain't they heard? DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Won't happen! (hope I don't eat those words).

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. As part of playground equipment in our city, ( Corsicana)we had a colllection of zoo animals for kids to crawl over and play on. One of them was huge gorilla that turned out to be a bit too heavy, so they added a zoo cage around it. Kids loved the gorilla, so the cage gave them even a better platform to play on. Been there for years and was a favorite of the kiddos. No problems but Fast forward to a few months ago when all of a sudden, the popular gorilla disappeared overnight. Turns out, the Mayor had it removed because he had received a complaint that it was racist. Caused quite an uproar in our little city that the Mayor took action on such a crazy complaint. Just goes to show how ridiculous all this has become.
                Last edited by Gom; 07-29-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gom View Post
                  Wouldn't surprise me one bit. As part of playground equipment in our city, ( Corsicana)we had a colllection of zoo animals for kids to crawl over and play on. One of them was huge gorilla that turned out to be a bit too heavy, so they added a zoo cage around it. Kids loved the gorilla, so the cage gave them even a better platform to play on. Been there for years and was a favorite of the kiddos. No problems but Fast forward to a few months ago when all of a sudden, the popular gorilla disappeared overnight. Turns out, the Mayor had it removed because he had received a complaint that it was racist. Caused quite an uproar in our little city that the Mayor took action on such a crazy complaint. Just goes to show how ridiculous all this has become.
                  Yessir...I remember seeing this on the Book of Faces. Totally ridiculous for sure.
                  I would really like to meet the idiot that turned in the complaint and just ask them exactly WHAT about the playground props offended him/her??? Good grief.

Comment

If I am not mistaken I had read the Gorilla has been returned to the playground couple days later..leaving the mayor looking like a @ss for doing such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      If I am not mistaken I had read the Gorilla has been returned to the playground couple days later..leaving the mayor looking like a @ss for doing such a thing.
                      After local Candlelight vigils at the empty cage, and citizen protests and National news coverage, our red faced, idiot, Mayor did return Dobby, the beloved gorilla to the play ground. His solution was even dumber. They removed the cage and when it was put back in the playground, they hired an artist to paint it gray like concrete. Since it was originally removed for being "racially insensitive" I was very tempted, as a silver senior citizen, to protest that it was now insensitive to any one over 65. Lol!

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...
                        X