Who's practicing from elevated stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    There is a tendency for folks who shoot elevated to drop thier bow arm to get on target. This changes your sight alignment and your arrow will hit higher or lower (Can't remember which.) However when you bend at the waist, you keep your head and shoulder aligned as you would standing or sitting.

Going from standing to sitting in the ground has a similar affect as you tend to be more upright when sitting because the target is level with you.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Higher. It's definitely gonna mess it up if you don't bend at the waist. With a trad bow I have to draw and bend at the same time because when I touch the corner of my mouth the arrow is gone. Back in the compound days I would draw level then bend. It's all different nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
      Higher. It's definitely gonna mess it up if you don't bend at the waist. With a trad bow I have to draw and bend at the same time because when I touch the corner of my mouth the arrow is gone. Back in the compound days I would draw level then bend. It's all different nowadays.
      I am a bit different. I bend, then draw. My sequence is to check stance first before drawing. If I dont, then all bets are off.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Whichever process you use be sure to practice it and get it where it's ingrained in your form.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X