Lone Star Law and my new respect for the man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lone Star Law and my new respect for the man

I enjoy the show and it has given me a fresh outlook on the GW’s job....especially those GW’s who are tasked with checking coolers on jetties. I wouldn’t cut it guys, at some point I would crack. Lies, blatant disregard for rules and apathy! At some point someone with an undersized Sheepshead would find themselves face down on the rocks.

That being said, it’s a tv show and there is no telling how many positive interactions they go through before finding violators for the show. I do like the fact that they do sprinkle positive interactions in every episode.

And this does not mean I can’t climb on board the next thread that gets critical of a GW interaction. Got to keep it real.
    Last edited by Anvilheadtexas; 03-14-2018, 09:46 AM.

It's a tough job they do. They all have my respect

Comment

I enjoy the show. It's funny how many people on the jetties play dumb when they get caught.

Comment

We watch the show and my middle daughter (11 years old) has now said that she wants to become a GW.

Comment

Originally posted by Txprowler View Post
          I enjoy the show. It's funny how many people on the jetties play dumb when they get caught.
          Exactly! Wouldn’t that get old if you were a GW?

Comment

Great show done well imo

Comment

I wouldnt be able to handle the mouthy kids with the entitlement issues...

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                We watch the show and my middle daughter (11 years old) has now said that she wants to become a GW.
                My daughter is 12 and she seems very serious about pursuing this career also.

Comment

Yeah, I have nothing but respect for them.

I had a new hunter break some lease rules and what some would consider state game laws. The game warden stopped by our camp and happened to find two deer-( one 3 point and a 9” wide 5 point) in the back of this hunters truck. This was around 9:00 at night. Both deer had been shot at 4:30 and at 9:00 we’re not tagged. The GW told the guy that he could write him for an illegal deer less that 13” but because the small points were only about an inch he would let it slide. He asked the guy why the deer were not tagged and the hunter said he left his license at home. The GW gave the guy a ride to Breckenridge to get a copy of his license so he could tag the deer. When they got back to camp around 11:00 pm he watched him tag the deer and fill out the log on the license. He did give him a ticket for not tagging them but he said it could have been much worse. I am having to tell the hunter he won’t be invited back because his son shot an 8 Point during youth weekend and the the hunter shot the two smaller bucks. He was told when he got on the lease that all deer killed by his guest would come off his allotment. He ended up killing 3 bucks. The 8 point, the 3 point and the 5 point.

Comment

No difference in I wasn’t speeding, the light was yellow, I didn’t lie to you about my name and dob. All Leo’s deal with liars on a daily basis just my 2 cents from my 30 plus years as a now retired leo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We need a Super Trooper style Game Warden movie to come out. Imagine all the games they could come up with to mess with people haha

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
                        Yeah, I have nothing but respect for them.

I had a new hunter break some lease rules and what some would consider state game laws. The game warden stopped by our camp and happened to find two deer-( one 3 point and a 9” wide 5 point) in the back of this hunters truck. This was around 9:00 at night. Both deer had been shot at 4:30 and at 9:00 we’re not tagged. The GW told the guy that he could write him for an illegal deer less that 13” but because the small points were only about an inch he would let it slide. He asked the guy why the deer were not tagged and the hunter said he left his license at home. The GW gave the guy a ride to Breckenridge to get a copy of his license so he could tag the deer. When they got back to camp around 11:00 pm he watched him tag the deer and fill out the log on the license. He did give him a ticket for not tagging them but he said it could have been much worse. I am having to tell the hunter he won’t be invited back because his son shot an 8 Point during youth weekend and the the hunter shot the two smaller bucks. He was told when he got on the lease that all deer killed by his guest would come off his allotment. He ended up killing 3 bucks. The 8 point, the 3 point and the 5 point.
                        Stories like this remind me of why I LOVE my 3-4 man lease so much....
                        I would pop a vein if I had to deal with idiots like that..

Comment

Our local Wardens just busted some gill netters in Christmas bay. They had a lot of fish.. Stories like the one I was told make me sick..
                          Game Wardens are greatly unappreciated in my opinion... Without them it would be ugly out there in the outdoors..

Comment

I've met Jennifer off the show a couple times in Bolivar. They have to let a lot slide in order to find the people who are really breaking the law... If they check every single person fishing every day for a fishing license they'll never get anything done. Instead they show themselves and keep an eye out for the serious offenders. She uses the beach house porch for a looking post for gill netters. Pretty cool hearing her stories of the bigger bust they have made... Seems like the ones they get the most fired up about are the guys coming back with a boat load of snapper hidden in false compartments! She has been nothing but kind to us, and I have nothing but respect for them. They are outnumbered by a long shot!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              I wouldnt be able to handle the mouthy kids with the entitlement issues...
                              Yeah, I remember an episode last year where this punk kid kept mouthing off about them not being the police. I know I wouldn't react well. Good thing I didn't follow in my father's footsteps.

Comment

Working...
                              X