X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a choice of the 2. I took Kubota never looked back love it

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
      Sorry to thread jack...but I have the opportunity to buy an 82 hp 4wd John Deere 2940 that was made in 1982. Has about 2000 easy hours on it mowing a Pecan orchard and I know the fella selling it. Has been sitting up for a few years now tho. Can be bought for 14k. Deal or look for something newer?

Seems to be in the money if thats what you are looking for. Those were good tractors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
        I hear comments on pre emissions Kubota? What year model did kubota start putting the emissions on their tractors? Thanks

Depending on size: 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't forget to look at New Holland. I have one and really like it. I'd rate it way better than JD.

Comment

Thank you all for the great information

Comment

ill probably be getting a larger Kubota the 47 or 50.

Comment

Of the two, I'd go with Kubota.

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                ...in my opinion, I would strongly consider a Mahindra too. if I was looking, I would look at them real hard, you can usually save some money...and they have 5yr powertrain warranty too...
                Originally posted by cowman View Post
                yep. definitely give a look at the used market pre DEF. He will also be able to afford a bigger tractor. I will say got a 5085 and haven't had any issues with the emissions stuff. Mahindra and LS are really making some noise and make a nice tractor for the prices. Or just go find you a Deer 4020 0r 4440!!
                Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                Mahindra
                I looked at & researched a lot of tractors before I bought my new 5570 (70hp, 4x4) Mahindra. No DEF/DPF, no computer, manual controls, open station, FEL....exactly what I had in mind when I started looking and I REALLY like it. Out the door for >$31K right before the end of the year.

Comment

I would say that is a good price, and a lot of tractor for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
                    ill probably be getting a larger Kubota the 47 or 50.
                    I work at a kubota dealer in service, if you dont mind coming down to temple we can get you taken care of

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                      I work at a kubota dealer in service, if you dont mind coming down to temple we can get you taken care of
                      thats where I plan on getting it at. do you have a number I can contact you?

Comment

Originally posted by cowman View Post
                        yep. definitely give a look at the used market pre DEF. He will also be able to afford a bigger tractor. I will say got a 5085 and haven't had any issues with the emissions stuff. Mahindra and LS are really making some noise and make a nice tractor for the prices. Or just go find you a Deer 4020 0r 4440!!
                        I have 40hp LS and haven't had any issues 530 hrs on it. I run 6 ft. implements with no problems. Move heavy round bales, tiller, brush hog, etc.....for as much tractor as I got I couldn't justify going green or orange, Kioti would have been the closest in pricing

Comment

I have a 95hp Kubota, it is 10 years old and is a workhorse with no problems. Go as big as you can afford, you will be glad you did.

Comment

We went with the kubota L4701

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                              Get the Kubota. Go bigger, get something around 45hp, you’ll thank me later.
                              this

Comment

I am not going to say anything bad about a Kubota because #1 I can't... and #2 I have never owned one. What I can tell you is this, when looking around and researching last year between the 2 I went with a green one. I bought the 4066 which is a smaller frame tractor with 66hp. It will seriously shred some stuff with that kind of hp. I wanted the medium/heavy duty shredder so that I could mow some rough stuff. The smaller hp tractors will not be rated for the heavy duty 6' cutters. The lift on my tractor lifts that big cutter fine, but you definitely know its there.

Also like someone else pointed out, I went with the HST trans as well, and am very GLAD I did.

Also, if your buying a loader...look at where the joysticks are. I don't like them out on the loader where you have to reach out for it. Also, pay the money for the HD bucket and put a tooth bar on it. It really helps when clearing or trying to dig things as well as keeps your bucket straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X