4500 acres, only 30 hunters on this one

Comment

Toledo Bend area lease. On Sabine River and Toledo Bend Lake

$2k a gun, 265 acres

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
            Hamilton area lease, 4 guns. 450 acres

https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/sp...480842190.html
            Talked to this guy this morning and he seemed like a nice guy but I was out after the my first question. Not a family lease so not for me but may be a good property for someone.

Comment

Toledo Bend area lease. On Sabine River and Toledo Bend Lake

$2k a gun, 265 acres

https://houston.craigslist.org/fgs/d...474181885.html

That's 3 hunters on 265 acres at $2,000 each

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
                Talked to the gentlemen ref the Lampasas lease. Place has electricity. You're allowed to come down one weekend a month, off season, to work on stands and fill feeders. Starting Sept. 1 thru the end of deer season you can come as often as you want. Hunters restricted to paid hunters only ( no kids shooting off your tags). Lots of pigs ,deer and you can dove hunt. Sounds great so far........................and then this. Hunters are allowed to take 1 mature buck ( 8 points or better, 4.5 years and older, not a problem with that) and one "cull" buck ( 5 points or less) . Here's the problem, NO DOES ( unless they have an over abundance of deer, decided by them).

He told me that last year they had " lot's of deer" but didn't let the hunters shoot any because they like to see a lot of deer. Sounds like the makings of an unhappy arrangement. Sorry, I'm out. I aint paying to go down and watch deer.

We looked at this place Thursday. Front section of 549acres is wooded and looks good but right on hwy 183. The back portion is completely wide open with no cover. We passed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any leases near Midland?

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                    Any leases near Midland?

For decent hunting you'll probably have to drive towards SE towards San Angelo, south towards Ozona, E towards Big Spring, Colorado City, Abilene. Or NE towards Post or Snyder.

I used to hunt east of Snyder. Pretty awesome hunting out that way.

The lease just above your post is in Ozona. That only a few hours drive from you. But it's $6200 per spot.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                      Any leases near Midland?

I was in Odessa all last year and I looked at a few places. Most properties were flat and wide open with mule deer, whitetail and loaded with quail. Best bet is to go towards Abilene Ozona or to the panhandle.

Comment

East texas Boys leases.

Kountze Tx
                        9200 acres with only 68 spots. hahaha

Buna Tx
                        4500 acres, only 30 hunters on this one

https://houston.craigslist.org/spo/d...481890886.html
                        Is that bad? 150 acre or so per person?

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
                          Donahue hunting club near Bon Wier TX
                          Contact David Morgan cell # 409-767-4268
                          I was on this lease back in the 90s. Pretty good lease

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            I miss Ragin'.
                            texasoutdoorsman is the new and improved Ragin

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                              Is that bad? 150 acre or so per person?

It's not TERRIBLE. But dealing with 30 people driving throughout the lease on a constant basis might aggravate me. Deer react to pressure. No doubt about that. Also, hard to keep strict management with 30 people. Stuff is gonna fall through the cracks. And I like to hunt with such strict management. Just my preference. So this many people is not for me. Doesn't mean it's not perfect for someone else though.

I hunt 1 person every 320 acres right now. Hill country. And we still see the same deer between stands. And we don't have any stands closer than 1/2mi from each other. So at 150 acres you're just guessing at which hunting set up the deer is going to go to that day. If they go to any at all due to pressure.

I have a theory, that if people treated East Texas like they do South Texas... there would be some consistent MONSTERS. More so than the occasional ones now. I'm talking about putting 10 hunters on 5,000 acres. Only shooting a few trophies each year. Waiting until they're 6.5yr old. Etc. I think East TX would compete with some of the best places to grow big deer. And you would see tons of deer every hunt due to the reduction in pressure. But instead, people want super cheap leases and they overcrowd them.

Comment

Working...
                              X