No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

started watching golf cause of him and stopped once he stopped winning. so yes I would love for him to get back to winning.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
      tiger won with dominance, conviction, swag, charisma, fear, confidence....it is something we will never see again in golf period. If tiger had today's equipment with his body from 1999-2005 he would've won 50 times in that period, his swing/short game was flawless
      You have obviously fallen for the "our equipment will improve your game" pitch.

Comment

As a golf course superintendent, I can assure you more rounds were played by hacks at public courses when Tiger was dominating. Since hes been gone numbers are down at most courses.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
          His golf game didn't go down hill because of his injuries...his game went to crap once he wife found out about all of the ladies he was sleeping with.
          nope, just because you worked at academy sports in the golf section doesn't mean you worked for Taylormade

all drivers today are similar priced Taylormade is a superior driver compared to other brands, so they will be priced higher, again that's the stores fault for over stocking

Comment

Rack to answer your question without all of the rhetoric, no I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              You have obviously fallen for the "our equipment will improve your game" pitch.
              never have, been playing for 30 years, although it will improve sharpness if you equip yourself correctly

Comment

bull****, Jordan bounced back very well after the masters, had 10 top 10 finishes out of 16 starts after the collapse, including a win...the field is just stacked with talent, and his ball striking was crap last year, oh yeah he also won last week...

Tiger's divorce had nothing to do with his golf failures, his injuries did...

man people who chime in on tiger clearly don't know anything about the actual facts

I said Jordan may never be the same after the masters and I'm a big fan of his. I'm also a big Tiger fan and always have been. He was much like Tyson to me. Loved boxing while he was in and could care less since he was out. If you don't think his divorce and disgrace didn't have a lot to do with his decline then you may want to reevaluate your golf knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

never have, been playing for 30 years, although it will improve sharpness if you equip yourself correctly
                  "If Tiger had today's equipment......" Contradict yourself much?

Comment

Jordan is fun to watch, we can move on!

Comment

nope, just because you worked at academy sports in the golf section doesn't mean you worked for Taylormade

all drivers today are similar priced Taylormade is a superior driver compared to other brands, so they will be priced higher, again that's the stores fault for over stocking
                      I'm glad you know it all. I have actually never worked for academy...but I have worked on 3 different sides of the golf industry. Retail (PGATSS), Green Grass (Private Club), and on the manufacturing side (TaylorMade).....I worked for TaylorMade. Yes, some stores do buy way too much of certain clubs, but that is not the deciding factor of price. There is a minimum price that every retailer has to sell it for. Most will sell it at the lowest price they can because they are competing with lots of other retailers and golf courses.

Example...Titleist has a minimum of what you can sell their Pro V1 and Pro V1x balls at...if you go below that price, they can and will take away your privilege to buy and sell their products. Ask me how I know!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        "If Tiger had today's equipment......" Contradict yourself much?

He was driving the golf ball 350 with equipment 15 years ago, so yeah he would've won a lot more

Comment

He was driving the golf ball 350 with equipment 15 years ago, so yeah he would've won a lot more

He was doing that because of his talent, not his equipment.

Comment

I cannot stand bandwagon types. I bet many of y'all (that watch and play golf) enjoyed every single edge-of-your-seat moment Tiger gave us. You cheered in amazement and at that time, you understood the magnitude of what you were watching on live TV. Now, you're done with him? Why? What did he do to you? I hope my friends don't bail on me like the way some of y'all have sailed Tiger down the river. I don't know the guy and never will. He owes me nothing and vise versa but I know greatness when I see it and he personified it on the course for years. I enjoyed it all and that's what it's worth to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                              I said Jordan may never be the same after the masters and I'm a big fan of his. I'm also a big Tiger fan and always have been. He was much like Tyson to me. Loved boxing while he was in and could care less since he was out. If you don't think his divorce and disgrace didn't have a lot to do with his decline then you may want to reevaluate your golf knowledge.

Tell me again how his divorce effected anything in his golf game?

He's missed years of playing time because of all of these injuries, it might've effected him a little but take away 50% of these injuries and it's still more than most professional golfers will ever have

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                                I cannot stand bandwagon types. I bet many of y'all (that watch and play golf) enjoyed every single edge-of-your-seat moment Tiger gave us. You cheered in amazement and at that time, you understood the magnitude of what you were watching on live TV. Now, you're done with him? Why? What did he do to you? I hope my friends don't bail on me like the way some of y'all have sailed Tiger down the river. I don't know the guy and never will. He owes me nothing and vise versa but I know greatness when I see it and he personified it on the course for years. I enjoyed it all and that's what it's worth to me.
                                He stole my girlfriend!

Comment

Working...
                                X