2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
    Looks like I will get out there his weekend finally. Already know I got a ton of work to do. Had a storm come thru back in early Aug and it looked like a bomb went off. Lost several big pin oaks, one the ladder stand is still attached to it!!! Gonna take every bit of a day to cut my way in to the feeder that was there to get it out and move. Top of a tree is on it now. Haven't had a chance to survey any other places, so no telling how many more are down!!
    I had that happen August of 2016.... I feel for you. BUT if you do it right you can make the deer go where you want. I cut the top out of one of the oaks that bottle necks them down. I gave it a shot because it made for a good excuse to not clean it all up and it worked perfectly. Deer use the heck out of it. Good luck. Q

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

In from Liberty county and a little Angelina NF. Not trying to get hopes up, things are looking a little above average. My Liberty county bucks usually leave the home place about now and if they don't get shot show back up about mid December. From all of the scrapes I have been seen made in the last week I believe we will have an early to mid October rut in Liberty county if we get a little cool snap. Have seen lots of light sparing already and one all out fight to determine pecking order.

Comment

I took my camper up Monday to get set up for the season. Checked a few areas and it wasn't as flooded as I expected from Harvey, but OMG the mosquitoes!!!
        I have had a camera out on an area where a community scrape is every year. It has not been made as of Monday, but it's a little early. I hope to have some help setting up two more ladder stands this weekend. I have the areas and trees picked out, but I just can't do it by myself like I used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
          In from Liberty county and a little Angelina NF. Not trying to get hopes up, things are looking a little above average. My Liberty county bucks usually leave the home place about now and if they don't get shot show back up about mid December. From all of the scrapes I have been seen made in the last week I believe we will have an early to mid October rut in Liberty county if we get a little cool snap. Have seen lots of light sparing already and one all out fight to determine pecking order.
          That's good news! I'm going to try to get back out to our Liberty County place this weekend and at least get a couple stands cleared out that did not flood... Last weekend, I had to walk into 2 of them... Pipeline I usually drive was so silted in, the further I drove, the deeper the goo got... Was alone and didn't want to stick my buggy and have to try to get it out by myself with the hurtin' back I have right now... Hopefully it will have dried out some by Saturday morning... Couple other spots as posted earlier, went completely under... Probably won't get to them this weekend... Haven't seen any scrapes/rubs yet, but then I only looked around a little bit... Weekend before, it was all under water so hopefully by this weekend some sign will start to show up...

Comment

Can't wait to get back to the property Saturday and check cameras and finish getting ready for the season (trimming limbs etc.) and then I wont be able to get back in the woods until the first weekend in November. I'm still going to try to find a time to slip out there tho.
            This time of year always seems to be the longest, just a few more weeks to go!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
              Butttttttt, did any new ones show up?
              Nah, not yet. Found the first scrape of the year this past weekend though, so that's apt to change soon.

Comment

Went to my lease last weekend (Tyler county). All the water has drained off and the mosquitos were horrible. Definitely got my use out of the thermocell. Due to the weather, I've had a late start on getting ready this year. Nothing on camera yet except birds, but I did notice the acorns are starting to drop so hopefully the deer will begin to travel their usual path soon.

Comment

I have a bunch of decent deer coming regular. I have one old, ugly, worn out sucker living In corn. Hes so ugly I named him Shrek. He is heavy, 20 inches wide, three drop tines, stickers, forks, etc. I just love him. Ugly needs love too.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    I have a bunch of decent deer coming regular. I have one old, ugly, worn out sucker living In corn. Hes so ugly I named him Shrek. He is heavy, 20 inches wide, three drop tines, stickers, forks, etc. I just love him. Ugly needs love too.
                    Wish you could post TC pictures without all of the trolls piling on.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      Wish you could post TC pictures without all of the trolls piling on.
                      I was going to post pics when i made that post but i always end up regretting it. i have the longest hit list of my life this year and there are four of my best deer that i dont have finished pics of yet. wont be long now though!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        I was going to post pics when i made that post but i always end up regretting it. i have the longest hit list of my life this year and there are four of my best deer that i dont have finished pics of yet. wont be long now though!
                        You need to get over being worried about the haters. There are a bunch of us on here who absolutely look forward to seeing your bucks every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          You need to get over being worried about the haters. There are a bunch of us on here who absolutely look forward to seeing your bucks every year.
                          X2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

X3

Comment

X4

Comment

x5

Comment

Working...
                                X