No announcement yet.

The Doc's New Zealand Huntingmoon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow has been checked, rifle has been checked. Lil doc put two bullets in same hole at 100 yards. Starting to worry about the lives of lion goat and fallow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Might get a little sporty! Just glassed up about 20-30 tahr from the back of the lodge plus 2 big stags and a nice elk. It's gamey here.

Comment

Good luck!
        Looking forward to the LDP's!

Comment

Yes! Good luck to you both!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post

I'm starting to get the feeling something may die! Was talking to Colin about the hunting festivities and plans for the next few days. We were discussing the chamois. I said I was comfortable shooting the 7mm-08 to 200-300 yards. He said "you won't be shooting that rifle at chamois. You will be using an ar-15 and shooting 20-100 yards." Might get western!

That sounds awesome! In for the dead critter updates

Comment

Caught up and following, good luck.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Comment

All the best to you two Doc...go get 'em.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good Luck & Have a Great Time

Comment

It has begun!

Comment

We had a great afternoon and have some targets lined up! Little doc is on the board. The bigger doc has taken a swing and come up empty!

Comment

We started the afternoon cruising around and looking for stags. Trying to figure out what type of stag I was after and what score range I was interested in. I told him I wanted long points with good crowns and a wider frame. We found 3 for sure players and maybe a 4th. They are all awesome stags. May end up a little over the high end of the budget but we will see.

Next we went and glassed a canyon closer to the lodge. Found four huge stags plus a pile of tahr. I made a stalk on a good bull tahr but not a monster. He busted our group when I was about 40 yards out. He was straight below me and I ranged him at 30 yards. He ran a bit further down and I took a shot. My arrow hit a limb on the way and missed the tahr! Strike on for me!

Made on last loop through another area and found three more stags and two more fallow. Finally found a good spotted fallow at last light. I took Elise down to the edge of the draw and set her up on the backpack. She made a great shot at just over 150 yards and the first animal of the trip was in the books!

Comment

Nice Fallow, Congrats.

Comment

Way ta go "lil doc"!

Comment

Good job. Sure is beautiful country over there. Good luck and shoot straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X