No announcement yet.

Any lawyers on here licensed in AZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plaintiff signed the petition, not Silviano. Anyone can file a petition in justice court, it looks like Silviano maybe helped prepare it but isn't representing the plaintiff. This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen. The stupid thing is that it was filed in justice court, and (at least in Texas) the justices aren't licensed to practice law and anything can happen. I tell clients if they get sued in justice court to save their money and try the case themselves - if they win, great, if they lose, just appeal to a higher court and it starts all over with a judge that is a lawyer and understands the law. I am not licensed in Arizona, but my suggestion would be to look into the appellate procedure in this matter. It is my opinion (not legal advice) that a Motion to Dismiss would take care of this in a higher court, the petition just doesn't make sense, I don't know that this plaintiff has standing to bring an "insurance fraud" cause of action.

Comment

Truck was stolen Aug 2014 while I was out of town on business

Do you have anything documenting that you were out of town working and not in Mexico?

DJ

Comment

At any point did your insurance company settle with you on the vehicle? Was there any affidavit signed by you upon settlement with the insurance company?
        This would appear to be a situation that could be cleared up with minimal effort. Craziest thing I have ever heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
          Truck was stolen Aug 2014 while I was out of town on business

Do you have anything documenting that you were out of town working and not in Mexico?

DJ
          i have a video of my daughter in junction tx the day he claimed we made the exchange

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
          At any point did your insurance company settle with you on the vehicle? Was there any affidavit signed by you upon settlement with the insurance company?
          This would appear to be a situation that could be cleared up with minimal effort. Craziest thing I have ever heard of.
          Yes they settled with me. not sure on the affidavit
          Last edited by trjones87; 04-04-2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

****. Just checked this thread again to see what has been so interesting the last couple of days. I see y'all have gotten Cripsol banned.. He sure was adding a second layer of interesting to the thread. Good thing he has that second account.

Comment

I told him it wouldn't end well for him........

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                I told him it wouldn't end well for him........
                For the record, I had nothing to do with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                  ****. Just checked this thread again to see what has been so interesting the last couple of days. I see y'all have gotten Cripsol banned.. He sure was adding a second layer of interesting to the thread. Good thing he has that second account.
                  Poor guy was banned with 666 posts.

Comment

I thought your insurance would be breeching their contract if they didn't protect you from being sued.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Plausible deniability.

Comment

Dem is some ugly women!

As one TBH'er has said, "This won't even sniff the docket".

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          why can I hear you laughing then???? LOL

Comment

Transaction purportedly took place in Mexico.
                            You live in/were served in Texas.
                            Plaintiff lives in Arizona.
                            Plaintiff sues you for just under jurisdictional limits in play court.
                            Cheese-ball guy in Jeep sports white shorts, likely before Easter, and says pay up, sucka!

File MTD, plea to jx, and cite Pennoyer v. Neff, International Shoe and any case you can find with a Japanese tire company as a party. That will do. :-)

Bottom line. . . if we had that dang wall built in 2014 none of this would have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                              Transaction purportedly took place in Mexico.
                              You live in/were served in Texas.
                              Plaintiff lives in Arizona.
                              Plaintiff sues you for just under jurisdictional limits in play court.
                              Cheese-ball guy in Jeep sports white shorts, likely before Easter, and says pay up, sucka!

File MTD, plea to jx, and cite Pennoyer v. Neff, International Shoe and any case you can find with a Japanese tire company as a party. That will do. :-)
                              good stuff there

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                              Bottom line. . . if we had that dang wall built in 2014 none of this would have happened.
                              amen

Comment

Originally posted by flyin7 View Post
                                I thought your insurance would be breeching their contract if they didn't protect you from being sued.
                                "The policy does not provide coverage of intentional acts, which the lawsuit is alleging."
                                -USAA

Comment

Working...
                                X